PDA

View Full Version : How Much for my Boat????

MrBaggs
22-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi peoples. I was after a bit of advice. I will be selling my 14ft Fibreglass Carribean and would appreciate any advice on what sort of price I should be chasing. The hull has recently been resprayed in white Epynamel and the top Atlantic Blue Metallic. It comes with jackets, fuel tank new carpet and fwd controls (not fitted yet). I have had the tilt trailer rewired and resprayed with gal also.

It comes with a 40HP Johnno that currently isnt a goer (needs another pwr head). I would like to upgrade to something bigger around 18ft. Overall it looks pretty good. It needs a new rubber strip around the side to finish it off as the old one looked crap before it went to the painters.

Anyone in the know that could advise what sort of price I should be chasing would be appreciated.

MrBaggs
22-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Heres another pic

MrBaggs
22-04-2006, 06:56 PM
and the inside

blaze
22-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Looks like you have spent a few dollars tidying the rig up. I think this is where the problem will arise. It is my belief that you may well have over capitalized on this boat and this may well be where the problems arise. May make more sense to keep it and have the use of your hard work/ money for a year or so.
You are basicly selling a rig with no motor or screen.
$600 tops if you get the right buying. I sincerely hope I dont insult as its not the intention.
cheers
blaze

revs57
23-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I've had a couple of goes at responding to your request Baggsy, but each time I read it back I felt what I had written might be misinterpreted...Since Blaze has broken the ice I'll see if I can give it another go. #I'm no expert by the way...just another bloke who loves boating and fishing, who reads a lot of magazines and I try to stay up with values and prices too - just something I do.

The tilt trailer is a plus, and looks to be in reasonable nick. The hull looks tidy, but without a going motor, in my opinion with an older 40hp jono that needs work to get it up and going on an older style glass hull...you're gonna be pushing to pull a buyer...except someone who wants a project and is looking to snap up a bargain. #To put more money in to getting the motor up and running may well not be worth it either

The figure that Blase has put up may not seem like a lot, but to start at around a grand or more...you may not even attract a looker.

You know what the boat owes you, and how much you would like to see in return. But at some point I think you may need to cut your losses...say farewell and move on...

Someone like Grand Marlin may have a few clues to point you in the right direction...this is really his field...so shoot a pm in his direction to get another opinion.

Good luck

Rhys

MrWong
23-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Cant say too much as Revs and Blaze ( both well respected members of this site) have said it and they are correct in every aspect. They are on the money so to speak.
Just thought I would add some imput to ensure the owner enquirer doesnt think that the guys are a minority.
Cheers
Norm

QldKev
23-04-2006, 10:13 AM
I'm also agreeing with the prior. Based on trying to sell my 15 footer, clean orig glass, no soft spots, excellent running 55hp, 27mhz radio, etc..; I was pushed to get a buyer and final sell price was $1350. So the $500-600 sounds about right. The only thing you could try is get another engine that is running cheap and drop it on. The Tender Centre had a 55hp engine for $300 inc tank up here for ages (not there anymore) and then try sell it as a running boat. But assumming its not rego'ed by the time you got the trailer and boat done you may be better of just selling as is...

ahoj
23-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Yes split it up Motor is quite useless (will cost more to repair then anoter s/h one)also not powerfull enough for a ski boat
Try e-bay.... risk 20$ to get the price also winter is on the way... No seats.. Hmmmmm.... How good is the transom? will it hold 70-100HP?
Hmmmmm go for best offer and take its smal shallow vesel....... Hmmmmm

Ahoj

PS noticed trailers spring anchors are in a wrong place possibly will not pass....Hmmmm

onerabbit
23-04-2006, 04:44 PM
70-100hp??????

Thought you would have been the last one to encourage someone to put on a BIGGER motor Ahoj.

Muzz

MrBaggs
24-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Well thanx alot guys. Im not offended and appreciate your feedback. At least I have a couple of opinions that all point in the same direction so I know what price I should be chasing..

Cheers n Beers...! ;D