PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 140 Alarm

indy
23-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Can any body let me know how to reset the oil alarm on my 140 suzuki four stroke 03 model. I was told that it is a service alarm and it will go off when it is due for a service but i have already had it serviced before the alarm went off any help would be good.

cheers pete.

Sportfish_5
23-04-2006, 07:18 PM
If I remember correctly you need to pull the man overboard stop lanyard keeper out on the control box below the key switch, push the button in and turn the ignition on. It is in the operator manual but you probably dont have it - hence the post :-?

Cheers

Greg

indy
23-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks greg but i pulled the lanyard keeper out of the control box button is in and turn the igniton and the motor still wants to start dont no what the go is with that i thought it should kill the motor all together i will try ringing sundown tomorrow and see what they have to say about it as they did the service last time.

cheers anyway pete...

Hornet1
23-04-2006, 08:52 PM
G'day mate,
Try turning the ignition on and removing and replacing the safety lanyard 3 times.....turn the ignition off and then back on to see if the alarm has cleared. I have a 4 stroke 70 and this is what worked for me.
Cheers

indy
23-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks Hornet one and Greg followed your advise and the replacing the lanyard three times did the trick didn't have to turn the ignition of though just made another beaping sound and off it went

thanks again pete....

Hornet1
25-04-2006, 08:16 PM
No worries mate!!