PDA

View Full Version : Merc 15 Super owner

falcon01
25-04-2006, 04:04 PM
I have a small wire that attaches near the tilt mechnisim but an wondering were the other end goes, I know on end has a slot to go in and the other unsure i think it comes from down the leg is this correct and is it important?, Also a small amount of rust on the peg the motr sit on does anyone else have some rust and is it anything to worry about not on the motor though thanks guys,

Blackened
25-04-2006, 07:48 PM
G'day
Is it an earth wire? Pics tell a thousand words.
Dave

falcon01
26-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Here is a pic soory it is abit out of focus, had to take in dark due to work and will get home after dark, wire just above tilt handle

catchy_fishy
26-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Does anyone else have some rust and is it anything to worry about not on the motor though thanks guys,

You are bound to get some rust - with all the different metals in an engine, the rust factor will win. But you should alwyas try and prevent the spread of it. How are your earthbondings (the pic is bad - is this maybe what your wire is ?) Paint over chipped paint before too much exposure, grease helps where applicable

My rust has gone too far to stop the spread. In perspective I have most of my washers and all my mountings rusted up

Check the thread on page 1 "learning to understand an outboard - help needed" to see the pic of the rust damage on mine.

Catchy Fishy
I wish I could sya they work just fine, but in the main they do - just right now I'm having issues