PDA

View Full Version : missing pipe update

Dignity
27-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Checked everything out and couldn't find a thing wrong. Started filling up the fuel tank from jerry cans and the fuel overflowed from the filling pipe and not the overflow. The tank popped and eventually some started dribbling out the overflow. Suspect this is the cause of my difficulty in starting sometimes as there must be a loose baffle or something in the tank blocking the overflow and is probably like having the air bleed valve on a portable tank screwed down tight. Now that I think about it this happened once before at the servo but I thought at the time it was just blowback because of the shape of the filler pipe. If this is the case it seems there is going to have be some tank surgery performed. Anyone know of any one on brisbanes southside.

Sam

finga64
27-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Did you try blowing some air from the breather or overflow back into the tank to see if it's a blockage?

Dignity
27-04-2006, 07:35 PM
not yet Finga - only filled it up an hour ago and thought I would have dinner first before I started tasting fuel. I suspect though that it will be as it took a good 40 secs before fuel started to ooze out of the overlow. Normally when refuelling the overflow starts to whistle and if I'm daydreaming and miss it it comes out quite strongly.

Will probably have a look at it again tomorrow night as I have also managed to blow my light in the car port and can't get the darn thing out.

sam

Eagle
27-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Dignity
If the lightbulb itself is broken, get a potato and cut it in half. Push the cut face of the potato into the broken bulb and it can be removed instantly. Spray some WD40 into the socket if it is corroded to help in removal of the bulb.
Eagle

Angla
27-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Don't forget to make sure there is no power at the light fitting, by pulling the fuse or turning off the circuit breaker for the carport light.

If you are at all unsure, Seriously just turn OFF the Main Switch first.

Chris

gotya
27-04-2006, 11:25 PM
i have the same problem all i put it down to was the angle of the boat on the trailer paked at the servo so now i have to find a pump with a slight uphill grade to fill her up, hope it helps

Dignity
28-04-2006, 06:23 AM
thanks guys, getting the light out isn't a problem just taht it is a screw thread and guess what I don't have spares of. Got to change it to a fluro one day. Gotya, don't think it is the angle as I usually filler her up at home most times and every 3rd trip maybe at the servo.

sam

finga64
28-04-2006, 06:53 AM
Hi Dignity
If the lightbulb itself is broken, get a potato and cut it in half. Push the cut face of the potato into the broken bulb and it can be removed instantly. Spray some WD40 into the socket if it is corroded to help in removal of the bulb.
Eagle
Who's been watching "Tool Time" in the mornings with Tim 'the toolman' Taylor???He didn't turn the light off ;D
That was in a program last week when I was having smoko. :)

Dignity
28-04-2006, 06:56 PM
[quote author=Eagle link=1146128359/0#3 date=1146141587]Who's been watching "Tool Time" in the mornings with Tim 'the toolman' Taylor???He didn't turn the light off #;D
That was in a program last week when I was having smoko. :)

Reality TV before it's time ::) ::)