PDA

View Full Version : fish-n-dive's new boat !!!!!

fish-n-dive
30-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Well I'm back from Caloundra after picking up the new boat...................we changed the name slightly while there from "reel therapy" to "unreel therapy"..................got to keep the misus happy ;). 1900km round trip in 2 days to pick it up..............it tows like a dream behind the patrol!!!

Ok I'm read for CQ fishing M&G's....................anyone up for a weekend @ Fairburn Dam?

Cheers :-* 8-)

fish-n-dive
30-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Heres another view

fish-n-dive
30-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I 'm so excited I for to give the specs.............duh.....its a Quintrex Dory 420 W.B., 40 hp mercury lightning xr. navman4030 fish finder, trailer and all the usual accessories..........................geez I'm excited!!! :D

Cheers 8-)

youngfisho
30-04-2006, 07:34 PM
that things gonna fly with a 40 on the back. need to mount some holy s@#t bars thats for sure

andrew

25_ponies
30-04-2006, 07:59 PM
mate, that's the first tinny I've seen with a satellite dish !!!!

seriously though - good looking rig.

BTW, I've got the same Sea-Link trailer but a bit bigger. I recommend you spray the insides of those tail light with Lanox or similar before you dunk it, or chuck them and get proper submersible lights. Mine corroded out in < 8 months. #I'm a bit concerned about that stern roller on the trailer as well - the keel should be sitting on that I think. Does the keel sit on the other rollers or it supported by the side skids ?

Cheers,

Alan.

fishn-ads
30-04-2006, 08:08 PM
You sound EXCITED Fish n Dive congrats :) 40hp seems to be the go on 14 footers now hay? Pick up my new Stessco Catcher 420 in next few days with a 40hp if the Tohatsu ever arrives?
1900Ks for a boat must have got a great deal.
Where's Fairburn Dam?

fish-n-dive
30-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanx for the comments Allen,

In pic 2 the boat sits on rollers from the axel and the up 2 the bow.

I 2 thought it seemened a redundant thing with the skids the way they are at the back but the salesman guy (who seemed very nice and knoweledgable) said it was designed 2 drive the boat on 2 and until I try it ................I have 2 believe what he said!!!

BTW the satalite dish is really a new type of navman fishfinder................. :D

Cheers 8-)

fish-n-dive
30-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey fishin-ads,

Fairburn dam is just out of Emerald, CQ. and yes I did get a great deal.........cant fault the company...............defantly worth the long drive . If you want 2 know who just PM me as I dont want 2 get in trouble 4 advertising here.

Cheers, 8-)

fishn-ads
30-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Fish an Dive,

Thanks abit more info for the grey matter, I'm pretty happy with the deal I got too. Competition diffently a good thing hay? Have fun in the quinnie she looks a ripper, and i'll see you on the water sometime.

Ads

2iar
30-04-2006, 10:08 PM
She looks the goods mate. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I hope all goes well first time, everytime because I'm sure you won't want to be making to many 1900km trips for setup changes/warranty repair etc.

Anyway, no point in worrying about things that might never happen. Get out there, and get into 'em. :)

Good luck,
Mike

WHITTO
01-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Nice Boat Mate you will have a Ball with it, I would be incline to check the wheel bearings before I go anywhere just as a bit of insurance,you have done a bit of mileage, Ive seen wheel bearings fail on new stuff, just a thought, Cheers Whitto

nigelr
01-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Beaut boat, FnD. You'll have lots of fun with that, and the 40 will let you take a crew with you and still fly. Like Fishnads, I have the Stessco variant but with a Tohatsu 30. Pretty similar rigs, I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours as I am with mine.
Cheers and enjoy! :)

choppa
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
satellite dish?????????????

i thought it was a new kinda radar, for the ducks,, in case the fish aren't biting!!!!

good rig mate,,,and by the way,, the salesman right,,, drive on and self centre,,,,

choppa

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
01-05-2006, 09:13 PM
That'll serve you well the next time we all head to Hummock Hill FnD.

Congratulations mate!!

Cheers
Dave