PDA

View Full Version : New NSW Boat Licensing rules

lucylass
05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
"From 1 July 2006
Anyone wishing to obtain a boat licence must, from 1 July 2006, first undertake compulsory boating education either by studying an online seminar or attending a seminar conducted by NSW Maritime or an accredited agency. A nominal fee will apply.

A receipt for the seminar together with a statutory declaration (in the case of an online seminar) or an attendance certificate (for attendance at a seminar) is then to be presented to the boat licence test examiner within six months of the receipt/certificate date prior to attempting the licence test. A licence test fee is payable for each attempt at the licence test"

Found this on the Maritime Web site

that doesnt seem practical but i suppose it will help in someway
but it looks like you pay twice (thats unusual)

lucylass
05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
the full story is here http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/licence.html#types

lucylass
05-05-2006, 04:18 PM
the full story is here http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/licence.html#types

Viking
06-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Isn't the same thing happening in Qld or has it already come into effect? I know i already had my boat licence and they changed the rules for PWC's. I sat a written test before end of last year and that got me a PWC licence as well, i think from the start of this year you must do a separate on water test for PWC's. I don't actually have or ride one but just got it anyway.

Cheers,
Bruce.

sid_fishes
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
mate it,s about time , the day i got mine i went to the silverwater boat show, sat in a tent where 7 other poeple sat and filled out a test form. and there were booklets on the table to help you if you got stuck. now being taught to do things right the first time i did not cheat[ seeing as i was building a ski/ race boat, but there were some to read the book over and over just to get their lincence.you dont even get in a boat, thats the bit i don,t understand

lucylass
06-05-2006, 08:57 PM
8-)