PDA

View Full Version : Safety

shadow
02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Does anybody know all the safety requirements you need to have to fish the bays in southeast QLD . Laws change so much , hard to keepup with it all.

Thanks
Shadow

fishingnottake
02-05-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/ it will answer all your questions.. except the one about the sheep and the greek, i'll leave that one to your mum

seatime
02-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi shadow,

U might be better off selecting one particular safety aspect to ask questions about. e.g. safety reqs for 4.5m open boat and where u want to take it, that sort of thing. Otherwise u will be given a link to a govt site which u could have found on your own anyway.
Your Q was too broad to be answered sufficently on here. cheers

saurian
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Shadow , best of luck with goverment, especially qld.
I think gelsec has got the right idea , pick an issue and see if they have
written the book yet, that is to match the legislation.
Otherwise , ring up maritime safety office and actually talk to
someone , if that still exists. Have fun..

shadow
04-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Thanks guys , I know its hard to get a straight answer out of the QLD government.My main concern is flairs .Do you need to have them if you are fishing out of a 4.4m open boat in the bay between the northern tip of nth straddie to the southern tip of sth straddie.

Thanks
Shadow

seatime
04-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Yes and No, the smooth water limit is a line between Amity and Cleveland Pt. So if you are in the area near the top of Nth Straddy you may be outside the limit or you may have to travel thru Partially smooth water to get to Smooth water.
An inshore flare kit is $50, it's safer to carry one almost everywhere, just keep them in date and hand in any expired flares.

shadow
05-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks again I will buy the flairs and all the other gear im not sure of just to be on the safe side. This time of the year you could end up anywhere because of the great weather. Its always better to be legal that way you have no worries.

Regards
Shadow

Owen
05-05-2006, 07:09 PM
except the one about the sheep and the greek, i'll leave that one to your mum

Geez!!!!
I build all these brick houses & still they don't call me Owen the bricklayer.
One lousy sheep!! ;D ;D ;D

cheers
Owen

Viking
06-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Buy the flare kit for $50 or $60 and then on that nice calm day when you want to poke out a bit further you can.

Cheers,
Bruce.

saurian
06-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Owen , have you replied to the lanoline post ...????

blaze
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
the thing with safety gear is you can never have to much in my book. Even if the law dosnt require you to have flares in a certain area, you are better by far to have them.
cheers
blaze