PDA

View Full Version : Need a new prop but which one

ynotaj
03-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi guys I have a 40hp 4 stroke honda and have chewed my prop out, must of taken about 10mm off the blades turning one blade in a c shape, so I need a new one.

Do I stick with what came with the motor or can I use a different one. I saw an ad for a prop called propulse propellers, it says that the blades are adjustable in pitch and can be individually replaced if damaged.

Has anyone heard of them or have used them.

Cheers
Tony

Blue_Escape
03-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey Tony,
try www.solas.com.au you can send them all the details of your boat/motor rig, whether your after speed or load capacity etc. and they will recommend the best replacement prop.

Cheers
Blue

saurian
06-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Ynotaji/tony, used to run honda 50 with yamaha prop , i am sorry but i forget pitch etc...
But it gave us better long range ability for the sake of a few kms per hr.
Solas sounds like the way to go .PROPULSE never heard of them,
but heard and used solas numerous times.
Try a few from solas , just do not burn them and you can return for next
pitch choice... happy propping.
ps: we loaded boat before new prop trials ie: 300 lt water.

seatime
06-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Think the Propulse props are designed for freshwater lakes, dams etc.

The prop that came with your motor was probably the standard in box prop anyway. They choose what they think is a general use prop for that motor and box it. The type of boat it will be used on and the boats' applications aren't factored in when they throw a prop in a box.

It's best to match a prop to your boat and motor from new and keep the box prop as a spare. There are times when the box prop works fine, but it might not be the best prop for your particular uses.