PDA

View Full Version : walkaround fishing boats

trouves
08-05-2006, 04:50 PM
hey guys,

why is it that australia has hardly any walkaround larger fishing boats? #i've been looking at american websites an they have bayliner trophys (2902) shamrock walkarounds, proline walkarounds, seaswirl stripers? there seems to be a big gaping hole in the aussie market for these kind of boats and when there are a couple around they are asking enormous prices (due to costly importing i suppose).

Ocean_Spirit
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
We do have quite a few models built by Australian manufacturer's available - i.e. Seafarer Voyager Centre Cab, Haines Hunter 680 Patriot etc.

Australia still builds the best quality boats, just have a look at second hand Australian built boats versus the 3 - 4 Yr. old imports.

Blackened
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
G'day
I think he's talking about 25'-29' walkarounds. All i could suggest is get a custom plate job done up? And i fully agree with the quality of aussie boats over the yankie ones. They all look great new but how do the hold up 2, 4, 6 and 10 years later?
Dave

saurian
08-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Blackened , said it aussie plate, choose your width.
Only money will decide, still a little bit of homework will reveal
quite a few choices. patience trouves, whats in yard is not all that is available.
best luck, hey sure 702 walkaround and 23 noosa still on boatpoint..????