PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Floor Matting

Megatop
10-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know where to get that rubber matting for the cockpit floor - the type you see behind bars in hotels. I understand there are a couple of types, one more expensive than the other. The one that I have seen on someones boat was the ribbed type. Apparently great for the floor when on fishing trips. Just swap it with the carpet at will.

finga64
10-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Mate, I have the type with the little studs sticking up.
Brilliant. #:)
Easy to wash, non slip, soft under foot and hard wearing. The only problem is it gets a tad hot in the sun in the tinny (so the cook recons. But she's a nancy girl :D).
I found mine on the side of the road near Griffith Uni (must have been a score/find after a night of turps by some students and it got a bit heavy to carry all the way home ;))
Cheers Scott

seabug
10-05-2006, 08:55 AM
I got some of the grey ribbed tube matting from our local milking machine and dairy farm supplier.

It is used in Herringbone dairies.

Regards
Seabug

Hot_Snappa
10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Mate,
give Clark Rubber a try. I bought some from them for a tinny I had many years ago. Although I agree with Finga in that it can become a bit warm underfoot sometimes!
Cheers
Dave

Pwoida
10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
I just get the ribbed stuff from Bunnings. I have it in the boat, car boot, work bench, its great suff, but I agree with Scott, it gets hot in summer.

Geoff_Atkinson
10-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Clark Rubber, you will have more choice there as they are likely to have more different types.