PDA

View Full Version : outboard mechanic in Townsville

rossramage
10-05-2006, 05:41 AM
I have just moved up to Townsville and I need the services of an outboard mechanic. I've got a 4.1 metre tinny with a 30 hp Mariner on it. The motor needs a tune up and it needs a new impeller in the water pump. can anyone put me on to a good mechanic who doesn't charge the earth. Ross.

nevd
10-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I think Bob at B&M outboards is the best in Townsville - phone 47796569.

boyzie
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
highly reccomend B&M outboards! but Motor Marine is the local merc/marina dealer, depends if you want the best or if you want it done my the motors dealer

88fishframe
10-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I can't speak highly enough of Tony from Tony's Mobile Marine - phone number is in the book. He'll come to you and I have been using him for a few years. Excellent service.

David.

bushbeachboy
10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I've had good services at reasonable prices from NQ Outboard Wreckers.

dicko1980
10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I'll backup all three mechanics above for excellent service in Townsville. I have dealt with Scott from NQ Outboard Wreckers on a couple of occasions and have no worries, and for a point of interest, Tony used to work for Scott a couple of years ago. :D :D :D

borisdog
10-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I agree with B&M or NQ outboard wreckers, haven't dealt with Tony's Mobile. I've been heavily stung/shafted by EVERY one of 'em that's a boat dealer. #>:(
Welcome to Townsville mate, there's a few of us on here.

Rod_Bender
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
How much do you wanna pay. I wouldn't touch Motor Marine for fixing anything!!! Used Tony's motor marine once before for great service. I have mainly used Rising Sun Marine for my Yammy for great service, with a normal/average dealer price. I have since found a mate who use to work there, who now services my outboard at his home for half the price. It was a matter of asking the right person at the right time.
Roddy

Robbo_Townsville
11-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I get J & B Marine ( Johnno and Bobbie) in Ingham to service mine. They come down to Townsville usually fortnightly to service a heap of boats. They are Merc Mariner dealers and will beat any price going around.

When I had a 2 stroke I could buy the oil including the freight and transport to Townsville and no-one could match them.

rossramage
12-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your info. I took it to NQ outboard wreckers. Great service at a reasonable price. Now I just need to find some fish. Ross.

tibbs
02-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I went to Tony Mobile service and he was exactly what was mentioned here, very helpful and provided cheap price. Unfortunately Tony was just about to go OS for a month and couldn't do the job and recommended I go to NQ Outboard Wreckers located at Bohle.

Well in short service was Pathetic, Dropped the motor in on 14/2 and told they would call me that week if not the following Monday with a quote.

no call

I rang up on Monday 28/2 to be told by some miracle the mechanic was looking at it right now and would need about 1/2 hour before he would call me back, again I gave my name and number.

Wednesday 2/3 3PM I went over and picked up my motor as I still hadn't heard back, only to be given some 1/2 arse reply of I was in the middle of the quote.

This kind of service is appalling.

I'm waiting for Tony to come back now, although it means I still won't be on the water for another 3 weeks or so I would prefer to give my money to those that take pride in their business and actually provide good quality service.