PDA

View Full Version : Tranducer spaying motor

troy
10-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a problem that the transducer is spraying water up the motor nearly to the top of the cowling.
Been in the touch with the dealer and i was told to undo the 4 bracket screws and lift the transducer up .
Problem i see is that looking at the screws it would probably give me not even a 5ml rise.
Would this be enough to correct the problem.
The dealership has offered to fix it but i do not really want to tow the boat 110 klms one way and then have to go back up and pick it up.
I have never came across this before but it is a very large spray.
Thanks.
Troy

agnes_jack
10-05-2006, 05:28 PM
G'day Troy
Mate I am no expert, but I would be thinking it needs to go down rather than up!!
If its copping that much rough water that it sprays, I dont like your chances of getting a good pic at any pace.

Regards, Tony :-?

Smithy
10-05-2006, 05:43 PM
You can buy little spray deflectors for them. Have a look at one in a shop or something and you might be able to manufacture one yourself that will suit your situation.

Burley_Boy
10-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah thats the way, do what Smithy says.

Get your transducer to track as well as it can but remove the spray with a small deflector plate over the transducer, common problem.

TonyM
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I have the same problem. It's the first time I've got a larger transducer and had put it down to that.

Thanks for the tip re the deflector guys, will try it out.

troy
11-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Smithy where do you buy these deflectors and is there much in fitting them.
Thanks.
Troy

finga64
11-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Gidday Troy,
Can you post a picture of the setup??
I have the same problem on the tinny and it's a great idea about the deflector. My problem is I have to have it down low to get into 'clean' water as the bottom of the tinny has copped a few knocks over the years.
Off down to the shed again to make something else :).
Cheers

Jono_SS
11-05-2006, 11:02 AM
I made one myself out of flattened pvc pipe.

troy
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Gidday Troy,
Can you post a picture of the setup??
I have the same problem on the tinny and it's a great idea about the deflector. My problem is I have to have it down low to get into 'clean' water as the bottom of the tinny has copped a few knocks over the years.
Off down to the shed again to make something else #:).
Cheers
Hi Finga i will try to post some pics but to be honest i am not really to smart at doing this.
Troy

finga64
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
:) no worries matey,
Looks like jonno has a solution for us to cheat off :)

blaze
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
thats a good looking set up of jono's, like how it will flip up with the transducer.
cheers
blaze

Angla
12-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Try this setup Troy

They come in a couple of sizes. I had to experiment a little. I found I still got some spray from both covers onto the bottom of the leg that then turned upwards and was still giving too much spray so I bought 1 more cover. Modified it and pop riveted it to the side for better deflection.

I will take a better pic tomorrow for you

Chris

Angla
12-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Over water pickup for deckwash

Angla
12-05-2006, 09:13 PM
and over the transducer

The extra bits on the original sprayguards are because there is a spray that comes from the foot of the motor, that hits the sprayguards and then comes upwards, nearly worse than the original problem. Hence the extra bits on the sprayguards that have been cut down from 1 x sprayguard.

Hope this helps Troy

Chris

troy
13-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Angla is the bottom of your transducer sitting level with the bottom of the boat or below.
They have mine a fraction above the level of the hull but only as i said a fraction.
Thanks
Troy

Biff
13-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Troy the only place I know of that sells such cover is northside marine in Brisbane QLD. Look them up, they might be able to post you one. the cover is the same as Angla's one they come in three different sizes painted or non painted.

If you have probs getting one PM me to work something out to get one to ya.
Biff ;)

Angla
13-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Troy,

Try this.

Chris