PDA

View Full Version : Bertram 25 - The saga continues

gilbo
16-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Well 7 weeks down the track (to be fair - it did take them 4 weeks to get back to me with what needed to be done - so only 3 weeks since giving the go ahead to do the work), and still waiting on an exhaust valve, I have now been told that one of the heat exchanges is unrepairable and needs to be replaced at wait for it - a cost of aorund 1000. >:(

Question to anyone in the know out there - mercruiser 470, heat exchanger, anyone know of any after market, second hand, reconditioned ones that might be available at a more reasonable price or should I just wear it and add it on to the 15K (and climbing) repair bill.

Cheers for any help

Gilbo

Argle
16-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Gilbo, glad to hear things are moving forward for you, I wouldnt recommend a second hand heat exchanger, bite the bullet get the new one and at least you will know its new and will provide hours and hours of service. Just remember what B.O.A.T stands for "Break out another thousand" ;D Sometimes you just gotta laugh or else you'll cry :'(
Keep us informed and hope to see you on the water sooner rather than later

Cheers and beers
Scott

poncho
16-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey,

I feel you pain i recently went through a lot of trouble with a 454 mercruiser. Give these guys a call they might be able to help they have have aftermarket mercuiser stuff.
http://www.suburbanimports.com.au
I bought my manifold and risers for about half the price of the genuine item and saved thousands.

cheers