PDA

View Full Version : Cox craft Rumrunner 1 does anyone have info

1975fflh
06-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi
I am about to buy a CoxCraft rumrunner 1 1989 model with a 1998 90hp Johnson.
I cant seem to find any information on them, I spoke to a very nice guy at Coxcraft but it is a new company and they did not have any info.

Can anyone share there experiance with me.

Thanks

fishn-ads
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Hope it's cheap?

PinHead
07-05-2006, 01:58 AM
The first boat I had was a rumrunner...140 Suzuki on it. The boat porpoised constantly..but other than that it was not too bad.

Kunnara1
07-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Fishin-ads wrote..

"Hope it's cheap?"

The man is after information about the boat,why not explain to him why you hope it's cheap >:( >:( >:(

Kunnara...

1975fflh
07-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I am paying 9 grand for it, it has a 27meg radio marine cassette deck in case and eagle cuda 168ex sounder. 6 pfds flares huge under floor stainless fuel tank (takes up both deck hatches).
New brooker trailer (12months old)

Is this good?

It is my first big boat I have had a 12 foot tinny with a 9.9 evinrude before this and wanted something bigger for coastal fishing (not too far out) and to tow a kid or two behind when the missus decides its family day for the boat.

Thanks

gordon

mark221263
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
A mate sold his about 6 months ago, for 13k after owning it for around 5 years. It had a 140 yamaha and was a real flyer. About 115 hp would be ideal.

They arn't a bad boat esspecially for the money. Have plenty of room for their size with heaps of free board and a reasonable vee.

Bruce use to fish out of Bris and would go just about anyware including the reefs 70 klm off 1770.
Have a good look at the floor and transom for rot which is no different han other boats that age.

Best of luck, hope it works out ok

rubba
07-05-2006, 02:01 PM
hey mate i own coxcraft rumrunner,i have 120 johno on the back,it has been a realy good boat we have no probs going to b/banks and in rough water itgoes well.plenty of room i have tank under floor holds 130 ltres rubba

F1SH_BOY
19-05-2006, 09:16 PM
yeh hi i have a coxcraft rumrunner and have owned about 1-2 weeks now! so yes its very new lol anyway we have only taken it out twice :) and have had plenty of fun and fish :P

here is a pic of mine:

steve_n
20-05-2006, 11:09 AM
My uncle and a mate at work both have Rumrunners about that age and both are very happy with them. They have plenty of room and seem to ride well.
I dont know how the 90 will go but they have a 135 merc and a 140 yammy and fly! IMO If its in good nick you really cant go wrong at that price.
Regards
Steve

James_V17L
20-05-2006, 11:29 AM
My first boat was a Rumrunner..nice & roomy for its size..performed well except it had a issue when in a following sea or trying to overtake a larger boat..crossing the following wake was a little scary sometimes..tended to "dig in" on the other side..at the time I spoke to a few rumrunner owners & they all said the same thing..but I reakon they are good value for money..I really like the size of the cabin & cockpit area.In my opinion..yes they are good value & a great family/bay boat but I would tend to maybe look around for a Haines or Yalta..or a Southwind if you could stretch the budget..hey tony ;)
just my 2 bob..

skippa
21-05-2006, 06:53 AM
..or a Southwind if you could stretch the budget..hey tony ;)
just my 2 bob..

Gotta luv the Southwind James ..... #;)

Rumour has it that Darren is going to name his Haines .....

# I wish I was a Southwind
## # ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

James_V17L
21-05-2006, 06:43 PM
;D..& so he should.. ;D
Been looking seriously lately at a SR565..now thats me.. 8-) 8-)

Stu
21-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Try and get an independent check of boat and motor condition.

As with any second hand boat give it the once over and work out what it will cost to repair/replace any defects. Defects can add up dramatically.
eg trailer rust damage, motor corrosion, steering cable faults, hull defects etc.

Make sure the trailer can legally carry the weight of the boat/motor combo.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Stu

skippa
21-05-2006, 07:25 PM
James,

Good move mate #;) (Geez the boys aren't gunna like that #:o ;D)

Seriously tho if you'd like a run in mine give us a yell eh, I'm on a few weeks hols atm so it would be no problem mate. #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)
PS sorry to hyjack your post Gordon and good luck too #:) ;)

Angla
22-05-2006, 12:01 AM
I had 1 for about six years.

Check for rot and look for cracks in the structures around the cabin doorway at the bottom.

I think the 90 may be a little under powered as I had a 115 evinrude and everyony else that I had seen seemed to have 140's or more.

Very capable boat in a rough sea but they do seem to roll a lot with round shape of the planing hull

Jumpin pin seems to be innundated with them at times.

Good luck

Angla