PDA

View Full Version : Bayliner Trophy

pistonbroke
22-05-2006, 11:44 AM
G'day all

New to this forum, Looking at a 1999 Bayliner Trophy 1802 centre cab.

anyone have comments on these boats. will be fishing rivers, lakes, with a max of about 5k offshore

thanks in advance

Ben

boatboy50
22-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey,

As there is not many of these around, I take it you are looking at the one for sale at John Crawford Marine.

I have seen that boat, and it is in good condition. They are also good reputable people to deal with.

I am a big fan of American built boats and also own one, but not a Trophy. I looked at them, and the only drawback the 1802 has is the cutaway transom and engine well on it. Otherwise in my opinion they are pretty good value for money.

The older trophy range has a bad reputation in the USA as being cheap and poorly built, but in my opinion and others the later model boats such as the 1802 are a huge improvement.

As you havn't had much feedback here, do a search on www.thehulltruth.com, where you will find a mountain of information. Just remember don't always believe everything you read, as their is a lot of "Trophy Bashers" on those sites. Just make sure you read between the lines.

That boat will easily handle what you are asking of it.

Regards

Darren

dave22
22-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Pistonbroke, you might want to have a look in the inspection port right in front of the motor, it looked

really dirty in there, I would'nt be to keen on spending 40k for a boat with ply in the transom,

and throughout the entire boat, it looks nice but if there is anything dodgy with transom big bucks !

fishface
22-05-2006, 10:50 PM
have a look at the USA boating market on ebay...lots of bayliner trophy boats.. will make your mouth water at the prices.