PDA

View Full Version : Yalta 535 All Rounder

Fat Chilli
19-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi guys, everyone must be sick of asking these types of questions ::). Have the forum administrators ever considered a new boat question/brand/model sticky? Just a idea. That way newbies and those looking at upgrading have a quick/accurate ready reference, searching can be painfull.

The Question I noticed that a few members have odessa's but does anyone have an Yalta Allrounder 535, I was contacted today by a dealer trying to sell me one.

It is a 2003 model (current style), 115hp Johno 2 stroke with everything except storm covers. The max hp is 120hp so 115hp should do the job nicely.
How do they ride in chop, how are they for stability etc. do they 'bump'.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated as I have know idea on these.

Cheers

FC

I will find a boat!

gawby
20-05-2006, 09:34 PM
F/C

I have just recently bought a yalta 555 with a 115 yamaha 4/s and i am very happy with it.
It was $40,000 at the bris boat show and i got a couple of extras on top.
I think i got a good deal and as said very happy.
Graeme

megafish71
21-05-2006, 08:17 PM
G'day Fat_chili.

I have a Yalta Odessa, great boat in the chop and handles everything I through at it. The best thing about the Yalta its predictable and after a short time at the helm you know how the boat is going to react to changing conditions. It is my understanding that all 3 current models from Yalta are basicly the same hull just different lenghts. The Triple 5 and the odessa have a pod and the 535 has a stepped transom being the only major difference in the boats. Being a deep V hull they do tend to be a bit rolly at rest, but this is more than made up for with the great ride they deliver. Also like all deep V hulls they can benifit greatly from fitting a quality set of trim tabs, fitted a set of Bennett tabs and it change my hull from good to excellent by being able to trim the list out of the hull. I don't think you would be disappointed in the ride of the boat and a 115hp on the back should really give it great performance.

Cheers and good luck

Ron

Alex9797
22-05-2006, 10:38 AM
hey FC,

nearly bought one myself recently (went with a cruise craft in the end). Have only heard good things about the yaltas. realy good prices, they just don't come with the sexy bits that you pay extra for with the other brands. Check it against a new price as some good deals are to be had at the moment. If you are thinking about spending a lot of time offshore perhaps its worth looking at the 555.

Give the editor of Trailerboat Fisherman James Hill a call or an email as I think he may be running one as a camera boat.( you may have to promise taking out a subscription, I did)

happy hunting

Alex
Alex

fishingrod
22-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Gday FC
Ive just come back from the S/cove boat show and "Marine Tune" have them brand new for $28990 with a 115hp 2 stroke Yammy on a braked trailer with stereo, VHF, sounder/GPS combo and bimini with clears etc etc

Ive seen some second hand ones asking similar money ..... so make sure you dont get ripped ;)

They look like a nice rig ..... resale probably isnt going to be as good as a Cruise Craft or Haines etc..... but then its about $7K cheaper to start with ;D

cheers
fishingrod

fishingrod
23-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey mate .... i saw your post on the other "....net" site too.

Ive sent you a PM

Rod