PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Wollonong

1975fflh
19-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Does any fish down here?

I have just upgraded from a 12 foot tinnie to a 5.2 meter Rumrunner but do not know where the best places to are.

I am not keen on using a steep ramp like bellambi as i only have a falcon to tow with and i dont want to end up with the car and the boat in thew water.

Any one have any advice (no I cant afford another car or 4WD)

steveg1100
20-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Use the ramp at Port Kembla. The Falcon will be fine launching from there.

Fishin_Dan
21-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah the Port Kembla ramp is pretty good... There' also a little island within a short run from there, so some good structure around the area. I've caught some good snapper not far from that island ;) You also get alot of pelagics running around there.

It's not too far a run out to some deeper water either, so you should have a lot of fun.

This should give you an idea..

1975fflh
22-05-2006, 05:04 PM
:)Thank you

Black_Jack
22-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi 1975 fflh

My mate lives down that way, he fishes mainly land base i will give him a call as he is a memeber of this forum

bramsay
22-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Did not think Bellambi was that bad # #

Braddles
23-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I am very interested to hear... as I have to move to W'gong at the end of this year for medical school - not only will I miss my family and friends - but I was worried the fishing would be crap too... Keep the info coming, your tips are much appreciated :-)

Brad.

Noelm
24-05-2006, 08:34 AM
the fishing around the wollongong area is very seasonal, summer can be great for marlin and dolphin fish, but when it gets colder they are only a dream till next year, bottom fishing can be good for flathead and mowies and stuff (though the leather jackets will drive you nuts at the moment) Snapper can be good, Bream in the winter is a good option around the close in washes, live baiting can turn up some really good kingfish, so the options are really good if you put in a bit of effort, plenty of ramps to use, though they get a bit crowded on Weekends, but where doesn't these days.

Noelm
24-05-2006, 08:35 AM
hey Braddles where are you moving from?