PDA

View Full Version : Been waiting

JEWIENEWIE
18-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I have been waiting weeks to take delivery of my new boat, finally get it after a few stuff arounds she is in the garage and that is where she has to stay, I have just come down with pnumonia!!! Fa#######k!!!!!!!!!!
Jewie >:( :(

Lone_Wolf
18-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Take care of yourself Jewie, bout all you can do is rest up, keep warm and take your antibiotics. My little 5 year old girl has it too, "bacterial pneumonia" not a nice place to be.

I will think of you while I am on the windy cold beach tonight! ;)

LW #

p.s suggestion: Take some photos of your boat and share with us then!

JEWIENEWIE
18-05-2006, 01:56 PM
To make it worse, a mate just poped in, tailor to 4.5kg down my way last night! >:( >:( >:( >:(
>:( >:(Jewie

Lone_Wolf
18-05-2006, 02:03 PM
where are you?

Biff
18-05-2006, 02:06 PM
When I got my new boat it didn't hit the water for a month and a half. spent that long fitting it out myself.

you can always use this time to see how you want to lay out ya boat.

Sorry to here though. I feel for ya I no the pain you must be going through.
Biff

Argle
18-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Keep ya chin up mate my nine month old just got through a dose of it too, hospitals are fantastic places but man I dont enjoy being there.
Just think the weather will have improved by the time your up and about again :)

Cheers and Beers
Scott

nigelr
18-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Don't fret, JN.
You'll only enjoy it more when it finally happens!
Cheers mate and get well soon!
PS gotta agree with Argle, hospital is like hell on earth!

JEWIENEWIE
20-05-2006, 06:47 PM
still house bound, maybe monday, thought i would show a photo of the new pride and joy ;D ;D
Jewie

JEWIENEWIE
20-05-2006, 06:50 PM
maiden and only voyage!!

JEWIENEWIE
20-05-2006, 07:04 PM
All there is missing is me in her!!! :( :( :( Thanks to Ian and Mick from Sailfish Marine at Alstonville, they were great and treated me well and not like an idiot like many boat yards that i had been to. ;D ;D
Jewie

joeT
20-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Mate, boat looks great. Hope you're better soon to enjoy it.

As a tip, for a boat that size, when launching there is no need to put the trailer in past the hubs. Just before the hubs will do. It will save your trailer heaps in the long run.

JEWIENEWIE
20-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks mate, new rig and first time launching, still need to iron out the finer points and will fit some hub buddies sooner or later to be sure
cheers
Jewie

flatstrap
20-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Could be worse... The fish could be biting their heads off where you are! Get better soon and then enjoy...flatstrap

tunaman
21-05-2006, 07:28 PM
nice boat get well!

signed tunaman

wessel
22-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Jewie

Hope you are back on your feet soon. Alternatively, book an extra day or two off and use that time to work on your boat..... Just call it mental RR after the ordeal of pneumonia.

One question though. Where did you get that ornimental pelican from that is sitting on top of the bimini :)

Wess

JEWIENEWIE
22-05-2006, 03:51 PM
glad you noticed mate, do you know how long i waited for that shot! ;)
Went out this arvo, second run in her, launched at ballina and did a quick run up to wardell bridge, quick flick for a jewie but no luck, thien backto the ramp. Two weeks before i go and another 7hrs run in time! I am gonna be busy ;)
Jewie

Archer
22-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey JN pretty sure i had just retrived my Punt when you guys pulled up. Green Excel with a 3m Punt behind ring any bells? Fairly sure that was the rig, you may have come over and asked if i caught any...Small world ;D
EDIT: Talking about your madien voyage not todays Work for me today...well fitted a new sounder plus some work. ;D

JEWIENEWIE
22-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah mate, it would have been me, i was in my sister in laws car , a bluey/green Kia 4wd or so called 4wd ;)
Nice on the water though.
Jewie

Fishin_Dan
22-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Nice on the water though.

The Kia? :o

JEWIENEWIE
22-05-2006, 04:15 PM
No definatly not! thats another story. I borrowed the above mentioned car during the recent floods, fcoing back from lismore there was a bit, ok a fair bit of water over the road. I followed the car in front and t was deeper than i thought, it has never ran the same
Jewie

Tony_N
22-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey JN pretty sure i had just retrived my Punt when you guys pulled up. Green Excel with a 3m Punt behind ring any bells? Fairly sure that was the rig, you may have come over and asked if i caught any...Small world ;D

So where is that ramp in Ballina? #I don't think I've seen it before.

Tony

Hope you get those run-in hours completed soon JN

JEWIENEWIE
22-05-2006, 07:04 PM
That ramp in the photo is before the bridge on the left on the way to the fish co - op. I normally use the ramp at fisheries creek i think its called, before maccas , and should of this day. Its ok at high tide but like ice, slippery as buggery on low tide, dont knowwhat i was thinking!
Jewie

Archer
23-05-2006, 08:27 AM

So where is that ramp in Ballina? #I don't think I've seen it before.

Tony

Hope you get those run-in hours completed soon JN

Tony pretty sure its called riverside park. Heading from fishieries creek ramp into town youve got Jonos bait and tackle/servo on the left its the next right after that. I actually pefer it, to the fishieries creek ramp. Not as good for large boats but great for small tinnys and no where near as busy. Can be hard to get a park there around lunch time on weekends but i rarely go out on weekends....to many skiers. ::)

JEWIENEWIE
23-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Thats the one Archer, Riverside park, very very slippery down low. :( I launched there on high tide came back o low, jmped out and landed flat on my arss, didnt fancy unloading the missus and new baby on that slippery bugger so dropped of mate and met him at fisheries.
Jewie

Archer
23-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Yea can be slippery on the low tide and being surrounded by concrete with no sand can be a bit of a problem if theres much wind blowing...Not that my punt has a paint job to be concerned about. ;D
Will keep an eye out for you when im on the water JN if i see you ill come on over and say hi. :)

JEWIENEWIE
23-05-2006, 05:10 PM
sonds good mate.
JN

finding_time
23-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Sorry your feeling unwell Jewienewie i'm sure that watching QLD whip NSW tomorrow night will make your feel alot better!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Might be a good night to go for a fish . ;)

Ian

Tony_N
25-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Archer

Green Excel, Qld number plates? That must have been you I passed coming home at about 4 PM yesterday. Were you at the highway bridge on Emigrant Ck.using a leccie throwing plastics (looked lie a prawn)? I was in the white polycraft -slowed down and gave you a wave - but you were too preoccupied I think.

I managed my bag limit of Muddies - people say that may is too late - but I got some beauties yesterday.

Tony

Archer
26-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Yep on the green excel and Qld Rego but nah i went downstream from emigrant on Wed fished just around the corner upstream from the ferry. Great backwash on the run out tide holds lots of bait...Unfortunatly not alot of fish on this paticular day. Half a dozen bream and flatties, one small GT and a rather large and extremly pissed off stingray good fun on the light gear :D. Had some solid hits from some schoolies but due to the small jig head no solid hookups... :-/

Joe