PDA

View Full Version : rebel boats

job_or_fish
22-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Can anyone tell me about reliability and construction of Rebel built plate boats. Am looking at 2 year old 6.4 centre cabin. #Any feedback or problems would be appreciated.

Blackened
22-05-2006, 06:57 PM
G'day
The rebels are/were made ar clontarf up near redcliffe. Built well and they are the goods. Talk to wondall road marine as they used to stock them.
Dave

peterreb
23-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Mate he is still making them,one man show. I was talking to him a while a go, a lot of the boats he gets orders for, are from previous owners of the rebel boats. They are a very classy boat. He doesn't make any under 6m now. Brewer St Clontarf, he has a shed about have way down,next to a panel beaters.

Peter

Blackened
23-05-2006, 06:52 PM
G'day
Still there? great to hear. He made a mean 4.5 tiller tinny, but stopped them as profits are obviously better on the bigger craft. Warren is his name? His shed is there on behind the spraypainters.... next to a panelbeater/importers??
Dave

fishscale
27-05-2006, 02:20 PM
hi i was talking to a pro who had one of these from new and was a bit upset about the large dent in the side which was there from new.I asked him about it and he said it was from when they round it over when building it but they did not repair or discount the boat in any way thanks ash... :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/