PDA

View Full Version : new boat

ronnieandbill
25-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys
Just thought I'd put in pic of my new boat. was sick of waiting for someone to take me so come up with my own solution--- buy a boat.
Ronnie H

Herm
25-05-2006, 12:57 PM
She looks like beauty Ronnie! ;)

I hope that you have a great time out in her and catch lots of fish! #:D

Janine :)

Az
25-05-2006, 02:12 PM
looks like a nice rig mate, what is it exactly?

FISHING_ROCKS
25-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Nice boat mate!

ronnieandbill
26-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Hi guys
Shes a 6 metre cruise craft-sea metre. Inboard mercruiser. Took her out and shes just great on the water. Was hesitant about inboard and merc but has only done 140 hours. Fully serviced at 100 hours and everything is in tip top condition. Previous owner must of looked after her like a baby.
won't be home much as I intend plenty of trips to Moreton on weekends-unless I win lotto and can give up work.
Going on shopping spree to set her up as i want her and treating us to new gear as well. Have you any suggestions on some good Braid to use on outside reefs.
Ronnie

wayne_cook
26-05-2006, 03:31 PM
U didn't muck around Ron no small stuff for u. Enjoy her.

ronnieandbill
26-05-2006, 03:40 PM
no muckin around here. Once a woman makes up her mind- well you guys know what happens.
Sick of all the guys promising me a fishin trip which never happened so like I said had to do something about it. Now when they want to go fishing-- I will remember all the broken promises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Fishin_Dan
26-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Top looking boat there Ronnie H! It should bring you loads of enjoyment, and hopefully a full esky 8-)

fishn-ads
27-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Nice rig, And heading out wide early too "fortune favours the brave" I guess?

The only advice i'd give is get all your safety gear i.e. Radios, Flares, Epirb etc. Take her out a few times and see what you need.

Suppose a decent sounder & GPS might be a start.

Ads

ronnieandbill
28-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Ads
Will be taking her out a few times first. Always wise when you get something new. I think alot of people just jump in and don't take time to get to know the boat or its capabilities. Thats when things go wrong. Am not new at boating and safety has always been priority- even when fishing around the river and bay.
You see so many people out there that just don't have a clue and have no idea of the things that can happen.
As for safety equipment- have it all. Epirb, jackets, flares, fire ext, vhf and 27meg.
Also have combined sounder and gps.
Theres an old saying--- better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your advice but.

scorpion_CC
29-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi Ronnie
Great Boat. Soon as I saw it I knew it came out of the great Cruisecraft stable. I have her sister, a 625 scorpion, same color too!! Great offshore/overnight boats. Been caught in a strong wind warning(30kts) about 27nm out and got home dry and safe, and even comforable considering the conditions.
You will have heaps of good times ahead!
Enjoy
Cheers

Lee

scorpion_CC
30-05-2006, 11:12 AM
oldies but goodies

ronnieandbill
30-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi Lee
Your rig looks great to.
My dad had one and she was a beaut to. They are great boats- even compared to some of the newer stuff.
They handle so well and we wanted something we can stay out on for a few days.
She cost a little more than I wanted to spend but compared to some of the sh--- out there that is so overpriced I think I did good. Came out with lots of extras to.
The fising would be lots better in NQ as in the south east but as long as I get a feed I will be content with that.
Good fishin Mate

SeaSaw
30-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Gidday Ronnie. Good onya for buying your own boat. I heard a bit about it from Johno on the weekend. Looks like a nice rig.

He never mentioned you were looking to get out again, you would have been welcome to come along on another trip with me. Now you just need to get that lousy brother of yours to take you to some of my secret spots ;D

Cheers,

Mark