PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning clears

s-pac
29-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi All,

Wandering what you should or should not use, to clean clears.

Regards Andrew

Blackened
29-05-2006, 05:16 PM
G'day
When i detail and a clean the clears request is up I use plexus. It's an aerosol product originally useds for the aviation industry. Watch it near the stitching as i have heard reports that it can shorten the length of the life of the stiching. As for other products another great one is plastix by megiars. It's a blue gel liquid and is very good also. This plastix works best when used on a buff and a W9000 mirror glaze foam pad. Use the plexus for periodic maintenance and get stuck into it with the plastix if they haven't been done before. With clears especially...... keep them new and they stay that way,
Dave

Spaniard_King
29-05-2006, 06:09 PM
I use Mothers Plastic polish, does a good job for me. I have tried finding meguires plastix but not many people stok it :-[

Garry

bigbrian47
29-05-2006, 06:59 PM
mr sheen was suggested by rowland st trimmers when they replaced mine a couple of years ago
they also said be careful around the stitching
i followed their advice they still look like new
brian

s-pac
29-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys, greatly appreciated.

Regards Andrew

lippa
29-05-2006, 10:00 PM
agree with blackened plexus is the goods.

cheers

lippa

Blackened
30-05-2006, 07:42 AM
G'day Garry
For plastix.... only real place i gan get it would be autobarn. You may get lucky at repco aswell.
Dave

s-pac
31-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Got the mother's cleaner from supercheap. They had almost a full range of megiars products as well, but of coarse not plastix. I should of asked to order some in . Will see how mothers goes.

Regards Andrew

Fat Chilli
01-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Don't use steel wool or soapy water ;D.

I regularly use the Mother Plastic Polish on my Jeeps clears, its good for small scuff marks and blemish's but like everything else (except steel wool) it's no good for deep scratches.

I have also been told (never looked into it though) that there is a product available in Harley Davidson shops that is really good, apparently it's designed to remove the fine scratches out of their wind shields. May be worth looking into?

Tooth paste may also work :-X