PDA

View Full Version : yammy 200 4stroke fuel econ

Edmo
31-05-2006, 05:26 PM
have had my new yam200 4 stroke for 3 months now and was wondering if anyone else could give me their fuel efficiency figures or relevant comments.
I`m running a 625 cruisecraft and getting 14.8 ltrs/hr ave on standard ulp.
Ta :)

Getout
01-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Same boat, 175 E-Tec. Doing about 13l/hr on average. Over first 30 hrs with mostly 3500-4000 RPM open water running

just_cruisin
01-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Just a point, an average L/hr is a fairly inacurate figure, without speed or distances travelled.
For instance you should see my fuel figures when I idle for 3 hours :o

cheers

litenup
01-06-2006, 05:42 PM
I agree, I used to think mine used 10 l/hr, then noticed on long runs it went to 20l/hr when no idle work (I'm refering to 100 yammy). So started checking distance and found used less than 1litre per nm at 4000rpm. It's great when trying to share fuel costs, look at distance and work it out.

litenup
01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Another comment. I was speaking to guy at ramp today (weather was brillant in Mackay today, millpond nearly) I know going fishing on Thursday isn't allowed..anyhow he had 200 4 stroke yammie on 19C Haines, used 73 litres to go 56m, did at 35mph out, 40 back( one crew member slept), not bad. Cheers Pete

Getout
01-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I think that most economy figures are a bit innacurate. How do you measure distance accurately? I don't have much faith in my triducer paddlewheel, as it is way different to my GPS on calm water with no current. Sea conditions have a huge effect on usage. I'm sure that prop size, payload, wind....the list goes on, all have an effect on economy. The only consistent things I can rely on are the hours the engine runs and the juice I pour down its throat. I haven't done much idling other than to approach the trailer and to pick up an anchor so my hourly usage figures are reasonable accurate for average running. My fuel flow gauge tells me that I use 22l/hr at 25kts.
More important than this whole fuel economy debate is the bag limit issue. With three people on board, I can travel two hours each way and only bring back fifteen fish if snapper is the only thing on the bite. I hear there is a possibility of reducing the bag limit to two. Doesn't matter how efficient your motor is, you wont be able to justify a trip out wide :(