PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Marine Capalaba

MulletMan
01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
The post on Cunninghams Marine prompted me to put up a similar one on LM!

Doubt I have ever come across a more arrogant, don't care and plain rude dealer then this guy!

They lost the Haines Hunter dealership some years back, have now also lost (or given up) the Mustang dealership and have gone to NZ for the Stabbicraft Tinnie range.

Mainly sell small boats now and are supposed to have had the place up for sale for some years now.

Pity as a brilliant location with a huge range of hardware.

I believe that Hortons Boathouse just up the road has been killing them for service and attention.

Funny isn't that a place with so much potential, location and space is going downhill because of the owenr and staff attitudes.

But maybe I am the only one to get this treatment?

Volcano
01-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Nothing worse than poor customer service.
You know how the rule goes:
1 HAPPY customer will tell 2 friends.
1 UNHAPPY customer will tell 10 strangers.

Looks like people have voted with their wallets in this case.

Wyoming
01-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Don't feel victimised TPP, they treat everybody the same! #

As you say, it's a real shame because they have a good location and a good stock with very keen prices on Navman gear especially. #I bought my Navman goodies there and they wouldn't issue me a receipt! How crappy is that? I just won't go there now - I drive past their yard and continue to BCF where I can get all my fishing gear and goodies for the boat. #While there is SFA service there, they are not arrogant and rude.

For a serious spend, I go to Springwood Marine, (helluvu drive from Raby Bay) - now, those guys are brilliant, knowledgable and they are practising fisherpersons. #No, I don't work there, but credit where it's due.

Neil

finga64
01-06-2006, 08:40 AM
;D, I thought it was only me.
Ages ago I ordered a cable for the old GPS...basic garmin power/data cable. They said it would take 3 days and 3 weeks later wondered where it was. Long story short, Garmin stopped their account for some reason or other. Wonder what the reason was?? Any guesses?? ;)
Then a couple of months ago when I was looking for a little outboard I called in to have a gander at the Hondas. They had some new old ones (from 2000-2005 models) and they were the same price as a 2006 model??? And one didn't have a compliance plate at all :-?
I only get some specials there now. Couldn't be bothered to get anything big or expensive there.
Really sad because it is a good spot. :'(

Jeremy
01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
There was a big post on an ausfish members experience at Leisure Marine on here about 6 months ago. Very interesting read it was!

Jeremy

Wyoming
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Jeremy, I remember that. That poor bugger was only trying to buy a boat as I recall. After he got it, he got really ripped at the fist service and then severly insulted! Great service

finding_time
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
GROUNDHOG DAY perhaps! :o :o :o :o

Ian

flatstrap
01-06-2006, 10:30 AM
One thing I can observe is that they treat EVERYBODY the same. No preferential treatment. If you want to be treated exactly the same as everybody else (like cR*p) go to CMarine.
Now that's being even handed...flatstrap

Herm
01-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I thought that it was just a "FEMALE" thing! :(

Obviously not - went in to look at a boat they had advertised. No one came anywhere near me (must have smelt or something ;) or maybe it was my little tiddler at foot that put them off) #After 20mins of wandering around and seeing a boat that I liked, it had a not for sale sign on it (due to it not yet having its certification fininshed?), so I wanted to ask if they had anything similar. #

Had to ask to be helped and then it took the (only?) salesman another 15 mins to turn up, only to be told "Of course it is for sale!" By this time he had another couple of blokes waiting after me, he pointed out what was available and left me to it! #
Thanks very much! :(

Maybe we can start up a " >:(Crappy Service >:(" thread and a " :DGreat Service :D" thread! #

In the last month or so (after joining on here and last fortnight getting our boat) I have been spending alot of time in marine chandery and tackle shops and have had a fair few crappy service experiences and a couple of outstanding great service experiences.

I really do think that alot of the trouble that I have been having getting good service is not help by the fact that I am female and usually have atleast 1 little girl with me - I mean , Yes - they can be scary, but if I am there I am there to buy something! #and they are normally restrained, not riunning wildly around the shop ;)

By the way - ThePinkPanther - where is Horton's Boathouse - I don't believe that we have terrorised them yet ;)

:)Janine

novice23
01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
No receipt????
He must have been to see an accountant that week who encouraged him to get some -C-harlie -ASH-.
Dodgy Fkers are giving 'Johnny' bad service as well as us fishos.
;D

skippa
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Yes many of us remember the previous thread about LM. Wasn't good.

I too have had poor experiences with a trade-in on a boat where I promptly told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

However, I had a recent lighting problem which was the cause of a cancelled nite trip . not happy Jan #>:(
After seeking advice from a dealer in Cleveland I was very dissappointed to say the least, they would been better to shutup and tell me nothing than give me the BS they did. I also tried the 'semi' marine dealer in Vicky Point who couldn't help either.

Last resort was to try LM again and what I did get this time was good service. Spoke with one of the 'more mature' gentlemen in the chandlery section who was quite happy to give me the time and explain what I needed to know. All up I #tied him up for about 15 mins with the grand sale of a coupla bulbs and 2 fuses. Huge sale of about $4.00.

Maybe the fact that Mr T's are now right next door have influenced LM's service levels, who knows.

A free plug for Trimax Marine while I'm at it too, they where a big help when I was looking for electronics a while back. #;)

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

charleville
01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I was unhappy about a transaction that I had there about three years ago so I vowed never to go back there.

In fact I have weakened a few times when I have needed something small urgently, like fuses as they are the closest marine dealer to me but I have usually gone out of my way to go to other marine shops since then for bigger purchases.

rubba
01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
i recently whent there and spent $2500 the old fella and his mate are so rude,only went there because the gave me a reasonable deal,next time will deal with sundown marine nice people and are willing to help.and that old guy is an arse how they get any sales is beyond me,also asked about stablia because looking at new boat,ask him what they are worth and said dont no and walked away and served someone else.let me tell you the will not get another cent off me was pissed off

rubba
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
>:(

ROB80
01-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Guys, only reasonably new to the site and hoping to get my own boat in near future. Is there any where that is good to buy a boat? does any body offer a similiar service to what RACQ does for cars ie an independant pre purchase inspection?

seatime
01-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Hmm, I was looking to buy from these guys, I'd been in and talked to a salesman, everything felt good. Then the boss got involved and for me it went cold. His body language, manner and attitude has me now reconsidering my options. Problem is, they have the rig I'm after and they're close by.
Bad stories will usually have some basis of fact involved, what to do.
Wonder what their service dept is like then if their presale service is on the nose.
regards

Blackened
01-06-2006, 05:12 PM
G'day
I have my good people i deal with and the bad. On leisure?? no comment.......
Dave

marlinqld
01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I bought my 5.1 mt Ally craft recently from Jason at Wynnum Marine................highly recommended seller.

Great service and they still treat you right after theyve taken your money

I also highly recommend Mr T's tinnies near LM...great guys great service.......... Michael looks after me great when he services my 75 Mariner

litenup
01-06-2006, 05:23 PM
In reply to Pink Panther and Herm, LM was originally Hortons Boathouse ( changed in 1990's). They did have everthing you could dream of. I think PP may be refering to Bayside Marine, 100metres up road towards Brisvegas, but time I was there only seem to have essentials. Their service is OK. I can remember having discussions with LM service section, trying to blame the hull for a problem that was the fault of the engine. They were just ..... words cannot describe.

finga64
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
On the question of dealers....what happened to Extreme Marine down near Springwood marine??

dnej
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Now if you had one made at Fisher boats, and bought a "Zoo key", to go with it, you wouldnt have all the associated problems.Just ask around, and you will see what I mean.

Got the plate boat of the year award, cant do better than that. Does second hand stuff as well.
David

redspeckle
01-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I have to dissagree on this I had but nothing but top service from them
anything go's wrong taken it back like outboards, sounders or radios and so on always been fixed and not a problem and always get good serivce and very helpful for me over the last ten years there but 100m back up the road other boat yard nothing but I had there has been heartache for me [smiley=argue.gif]
Mitch

Spaniard_King
01-06-2006, 09:33 PM
On the question of dealers....what happened to Extreme Marine down near Springwood marine??

They went belly up :o too many bills I suppose

Garry

Horrie
01-06-2006, 11:22 PM
LM are hopeless. Slack service and I also had hassles getting an accurate receipt after spending $7500. My receipt only showed half of the items and they blamed it on a faulty printer ;D ;D ;D

They had a top young bloke working there by the name of Joe. Keen as mustard and nothing was too much trouble. Unfortunatley he saw the light and left a few months ago.
The old blokes working there need to be put out to pasture.
It amazes me how people can bugger up a good business.

Oh well, just add them to Horrie's List of Horrors. >:( >:(

Horrie

Grand_Marlin
02-06-2006, 05:20 AM
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:-X

marlinqld
02-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Bob Stevenson used to either run Lm or own it years ago.

he was good and it was a real dealership back then.

How businesses are let run to the ground like that beats me.

Is Bob still associated with LM?

mark221263
02-06-2006, 06:18 AM
I also avoid LM like the plague, nothing is a bargin, service is cr@p, sales guys are arrogant and very much remind me of the old zupps ad that was showing shonkies " come in gahla and have a cigar"!

Good to see that eventually the bigger boat name have given them the flick. Will be interesting to see how long they can keep the Bombardier name they use to sell honda and suzuki from what I can recall.

Also can happily say that although only minor my dealings with MrT's tinnies who bough their block next door to set up on have been super helpful and more than friendly re merc parts. Lets hope they can set up a good chandlrey and lift the game to be more like some of the other well known outlets around Bris.

Rlee
02-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I found LM arrogant to deal with...not interested in answering basic questions with regards to a new boat purchase.

Ended up buying new boat from Mr T's and couldnt be happier with the boat and the aftersales service.

marlinqld
02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Mr T's has set up and will be expanding a bait, tackle and over time chandlery.

Theo and Michael are great to deal with and are earning the accolades round the area as the place to deal with.

Blackened
02-06-2006, 04:52 PM
G'day
for those of you that dont know....Mr T's have allready set up a chandlery, bait n tackle as well as service dept. They do have trailcraft and bluefin. There is an allison down there aswell wich may be a sign of things to come.
Dave

Sportfish_5
02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
IIRC Bob was in the thick of things in the big Leisure Marine post last Xmas. Maybe gone now but was certainly there and even joined to refute claims and threaten legal charges :-X

Same old Same old it seems -- dont know why they bother being in the business if thats the attitude

Grand_Marlin
02-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Awfully coincidental that there are so many replies, all but one, with the same comments.

As far as I know, Bob is still at the helm ...

RayB
02-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I pickup my new boat from Mr Ts next week and could not be happier with their service and attention to detail regarding my boat. Just go up the road to them and michael and Theo will look after you

cheers
Raymond

Blackened
02-06-2006, 09:06 PM
G'day raymond
What did u end up with at mr t's?
Dave

castlemaine
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
I rang BLA for a power cord for my GPS and was given Leisure Marine and Nu-Marine as contacts. NM said I get it by the weekend, 3 weeks later I went to LM and got it in 2 days. I admit they do need a course in keeping clients happy but I got my power cord in good time. Sounds like I was lucky. Cheers. :-/

RayB
03-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Blackend,

I bought a Trailcraft Profish 465 with 60HP 4st. Mr Ts are only a new Trailcraft dealer but I couldn't be happier so far.

cheers
Raymond

rough_shag
03-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Agree with Wyoming Neil,SPRINGWOOD MARINE are the good guys with the right know how and attitude-more power to them I say!!.Jace. PS:I drive from Sunny coast to buy from them even at $1.40 per litre!.

Blackened
03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
G'day Raymond
Good to hear about your purchase. I know the exact boat you picked up;). Many hours of enjoyment ahead.
Dave