PDA

View Full Version : Foggy got a new toy

foggy
30-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Bout bloody time. I have been bludging trips for long enough and after looking at about 30 or more boats over the last two weeks, i finally arrived with this. (this was the best boat for under 15k that i could find).

Some people talk up there boats over the phone and when you get there you don,t even want to get out of the car. I looked at some of the biggest pieces of crap for between 12 and 15 grand. I was begining to think I would never find something worth my hard earned.

Picked up this V17L for 13k and i figure it at least still be worth something and in one piece in about five years time. Some of the others i looked at will be at the bottom of the ocean i reckon.

Anyway, to the guys that I have been bludging off for the last couple of years, i will repay the favour at any time.

foggy
30-05-2006, 07:42 PM

sempre
30-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Nothing wrong with a 17L , Fog , good boats .

Sam...

steveg1100
30-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Nice looking boat foggy hope it serves you well.

Steve G

Mr__Bean
30-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Foggy,

From the photo it looks as though your persistance has paid off, well done it looks like a good boat.

It might have been a pain in the butt waiting, but not as big a pain as rushing in and buying a lemon.

- Darren

ShaneJ
30-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Nice lookin boat mate, well done.

Astro
30-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Nice boat, awsome trailer ;), wynnum marine?

fishn-ads
30-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Foggy had one, mate wish I still did - kinda. Swallow draft but supa seaworthy. Whats the engine.

Ads

foggy
31-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Foggy had one, mate wish I still did - kinda. Swallow draft but supa seaworthy. Whats the engine.

Ads

Ads,

Engine is a 120 Johno 1993 with very low hours. Will probably re-power in a few years time.

Foggy

Argle
31-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Nice rig mate hope it serves you well, persistance pays off in the end and Yeah I know what you mean about all the flotsam with anchors for sale out there :o

Cheers and Beers
Scott

skippa
31-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Nice Haines there Foggy,

I saw that boat at the VP Boaties day too and she is one of the better V17L's around thats for sure. Credit to the previous owner.
You did well at 13k, I bet dealers be asking a lot more than that for her.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of deckies queing up for fishing trips.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

finding_time
31-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Nothing wrong with a 17L , Fog , good boats .

Sam...

I cant believe it we agree again Sam!! :D

Nice looking 17l foggy are you looking at plasticing the shallow reefs outside this winter!!

Ian

SgBFish
31-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Foggy. They are a great hull for the bay.

Got out last Saturday night to the shallow Margate reefs to fish the new moon. Very quite! A few small chopper tailor, small squire, a very large wobby took my live yellowtail and would you believe it a summer whitting!!! :o

Through everthing at them, plastics, pilies, squid, prawns...they just weren't biting. 10 knots of NE didn't help. Need those westerlys.

Have to wait for the full moon in a couple of weeks.
Hope to see you out on the local reefs.
Scott

snapattack
31-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Nice foggy. Looks like a good rig.

I looked at that Crestrida at Chermy the other day. You were right. Very tidy. Did u know its on ebay.

Catch up soon eh

Snap

Wyoming
31-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Well Foggie, I s'pose you won't want to come out in the ol' CruiseCraft anymore? Well done mate and I'll talk to you about the sounder. Looks like a nice boat and a particularly good buy, mind you, you have worked pretty hard on finding the boat that's just like baby bears bed..... just right.

You are going to have to re-budget your fishing - MORE $$$ of fuel / LESS $$ on tackle!

Neil

foggy
31-05-2006, 05:24 PM
[quote author=sempre link=1148982071/0#2 date=1148982344]Nothing wrong with a 17L , Fog , good boats .

Sam...

I cant believe it we agree again Sam!! :D

Nice looking 17l foggy are you looking at plasticing the shallow reefs outside this winter!!

Ian
Got a couple of marks n/w of combie i want to try as well as roberts and brennans. Got some good fish at Brennans last time there around the edges. Also want to tag along on one of your noosa trips. ;)

Drop me a message if your keen

foggy

Daniel_Trenfield
31-05-2006, 08:20 PM
It's a lot of boat for $13K.

You don't get much tinnie for that.

Don't forget to let the missus know which day you'll be back......

Dan.

Wyoming
31-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Graham, the Lowrance is a model X135 and I can hear it screaming out "Take me, take me, I'm yours......"
Check the size against the Navman 4600
Neil

aquarius
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Very nice looking rig you got there Graham.
Gee those colours look familier..lol
Hope you catch plenty of big snapper mate.
Probably catch up at Mud soon Mate.
Cheers Brent ;)

gropeher
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Looks like a good deal mate,
just a quick side note on the older models, they have been known for the transoms to rott out, other than that are a great rig, just have a peek a boo if you havent already, Im sure by the look of that rig though, even if it did need replacing, she still looks a good deal, good for you..

Cheers Ryan..

foggy
03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Looks like a good deal mate,
just a quick side note on the older models, they have been known for the transoms to rott out, other than that are a great rig, just have a peek a boo if you havent already, Im sure by the look of that rig though, even if it did need replacing, she still looks a good deal, good for you..

Cheers Ryan..

No worries there Ryan. Forgot to mention that the transom was replaced about 18months ago.

FISHING_ROCKS
03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Nice boat foggy!