PDA

View Full Version : trailcraft or razorline???

lukesnapper
30-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Looking at buying a platey around the 6.6m mark and am interested in the trailcraft 6.6m centre cab as well as the 6.3m razorline. Heard the trailcraft was built strong but is a bit of a rough ride? Just wondering whether anyone on here has ever owned one and could tell me for certain the quality and handling of this boat? Or should i spend the extra and look into the razorline? Anyone know how this one handles too? Any other info. or opinions on a plate around the $66 000 mark would be appreciated as well. thanks

revs57
30-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Cant comment much on the Trailcraft...except to say they have been around for quite a while and seem to be built tough. I've seen a couple of Razorlines at the Riptide workshop over the past 6 mths having stress fractures welded up around the pod and cabin areas...I think there may be other options that could come into the equation.

Fishers 6.6 maxi took out BIA's boat of the year so nearly demands consideration on that basis alone...

But for the money you're talking about...Riptide Alloy Boats www.riptidealloyboats.com.au must be in the mix too. I'm exceptionally happy with mine, labelled a 600 (6mt) but that is to the inside of the transom...there is another 600mmish to the rear of the pod and Dave builds them good and tough. Plenty of innovation...loads of storage...exceptional ride and stability...brilliant finish and build quality...can't speak highly enough of mine and Dave is a great bloke to deal with...nothing is ever too much trouble and he backs his product 100%

happy to take you out sometime LS if you want to check it out further

Cheers

Rhys

lukesnapper
30-05-2006, 08:35 PM
thanks 4 that mate had a look on the web sight and will ring tomorow for a bit more info and a rough quote 4 what im lookin for. you sound very happy with yours and riptide sound like genuine boat builders to work with. will let u no how i go thanks for the positive feedback mate.

luke.

fishn-ads
30-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Luke sounds like your spending some big hard earned,

Not wanting to sound like a S.A. what do you do for a livin. Just a bit of jealousy but boy i wish I could have afforded one at 23.

Ads

Clint06
31-05-2006, 09:56 AM
i don't think you will get a new 6.3 razerline for 66k unless you dont want an engine :-?. I have had a 6.3 razerline supercab for about 6 months but am not happy with it. The design of the hull and the internal layout are quite good and it rides well. However the hard top on mine has cracked around some of the welds- twice. he mob that sells them over here also do a lot of the fitting out - i wont go into detail of the problems ive had there >:(. While i think the razerline is a good boat i would only get another one if i lived in perth where they are built. there is nothing more valuable than to be able to check the boats progress and check the workmanship as its being built.
I'd check out fisher or riptide.

ibbo
31-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Have a look into Blue water boats my mate just had his delivered and he loves it.

His is a 6.5m Center cabin with 150hp honda.

IBBO

Coontakinta
31-05-2006, 11:32 AM
lukesnapper, I too have a Razorline. Its a 5m eclipse! Am happy with the boat as a whole although there are a couple of things I would do differently if I were to have it built again!

I'm in Adelaide but had a good in depth chat with the builder about what i wanted from the boat and how I wanted it optioned up. None of the options and wants were too much for them even though it did come @ a cost, this cost was minimal and still very competitive against the trailcraft I was also considering. Thing that sold the Seaquest over the Trailcraft for me @ least was the fact that many of the options I wanted were not available on the Trailie and the can do attitude of Seaquest!

My boat is a bitsa! Bits and options taken from other craft in the range all made possible whereas the Trailcraft attitude was thats how they are m8 and u cant change them!

As for the price, I think the local Adelaide dealer has a 6m Olympic, which may have a sports or supercab, I cant recall, with a 150hp yamaha from memory for less than $60K if I remember correctly. Yes, its a new rig! So a check of some of the sites might be a good idea to compare prices. I understand also that the Fisheries Dept have place an order for a 7m model also.

Which ever boat u decide on, best of luck I'm sure u'll have plenty of fun with it! ;)

pilchardjones
31-05-2006, 11:45 AM
if you are interested in razerline i would check out goldstar.
same hull pattern. same naval architect. better quality build in my biased opinion. i have a 6m.
they also do a very nice 6.5m centre cab.
www.goldstarboats.com.au
built in perth. shipping over costs about $2K.
nothing against some of the excellent quality qld builders (col) but i just loved the curved sheerline of the goldstars, and the finish is very very good.
steve

lukesnapper
31-05-2006, 07:25 PM
thanks 4 the info fellas. i quoted the razorline 6.3 and excluded a couple of minor features for example hardtop and 2 stroke instead of 4 stroke and they qouted around the 65 00 mark. and to answer the question about work im a bricklayer curently being trained to take over my dads buisness, and im goin halves with dad in this new boat so hopefully will be right with the repayments. (ads) it is alot of money thats why were going to take our time to find good quality for our money, i no alot of the members on here a very experianced and can help in good advise.

thanks 4 that steve, will look into the goldstar.

I_hate__work
31-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Luke
I am also looking at getting a new boat in the near future. I have a uncle who live near Harvey bay who got himself a "bajcraft".
The guy who builds them only builds a couple of hulls designs but the fun bit is decking out boat out to the exact way you want.
My uncle got a 6.5m hard top and has a 140 johno 4 /. he spends nearly every weekend off on the water going uand down fraser island.

this should be the link
http://www.geocities.com/bajcraft_marine/main.htm

either way good luck with what you get.

Just my 2 cents worth as I am very interested in going this way.

Mark

Mr__Bean
31-05-2006, 09:57 PM
if you are interested in razerline i would check out goldstar.
same hull pattern. same naval architect. better quality build in my biased opinion. i have a 6m.
they also do a very nice 6.5m centre cab.
www.goldstarboats.com.au

From the Gold Star website:

All our boats have been designed by the late award winning naval architect Dave Jackman.

Jackman designed hulls are renowned as one of the softest riding, quiet, roomy and stylish available.

Hmmmmm...... gotta love those Jackman hulls....
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

- Darren

Smithy
01-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Where are all the Razorline fans now?

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1123244668/7#7

wayne_cook
01-06-2006, 05:30 PM
looks like alot of them may hav left the site.

rubba
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
how much for rip tide 6.0 guys and how do they preform :)

Lobster48
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Mate,

I have just been through a long and drawn out process looking for the right boat at the right price. I am in the process of purchasing a new 6.0m Centre Cab from Joshua Boats. The Dealing's I have had so far have been excellent with real one-on-one service. I have crawled all over there boats and have yet to find a problem and have heard excellent reviews on them. They will listen to your requests and customise where you need.

My 6.0 fully optioned with full electronics setup and Honda 4 Stroke around 60K. A 6.5 centre cab with a cut back on a few options that I got would come around the same price if not just a little more - still around your 65K mark

All I can say is give them a bell and see what they can do - what do you have to lose.

You can call Malcolm or Pauline on 07 32087083

Lobster

yunti_2002
26-02-2008, 08:37 PM
i think that razerline are the best single hull on the market.

Coontakinta
27-02-2008, 09:31 AM

As a Razerline owner, I'm VERY interested to know why u think this! :-/

Care to elaborate coz you either have some tie with the organisation or are VERY ilinformed!::)

FNQCairns
27-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah I was wondering also:( .....cause I have the best car, boat, microwave and digital set top box on the market and am always looking for further reasons to think so::)

cheers fnq

Coontakinta
27-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah I was wondering also:( .....cause I have the best car, boat, microwave and digital set top box on the market and am always looking for further reasons to think so::)

:tekst-toppie:

Matt_F
27-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Whatever boat you buy, make sure it is not from Joshua boats. First hand experience says you will be buying a whole lot of problems with it.

SgBFish
27-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Why dredge up a buying option thread from 2006?

finding_time
28-02-2008, 09:50 AM

This would be the same hull that cant seem to stay in one piece? Over the years there has been alot of threads about CRACKED Razorlines!!;)

longtom56
28-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Whatever boat you buy, make sure it is not from Joshua boats. First hand experience says you will be buying a whole lot of problems with it.Matt,Can you let me know the problems with the Joshua.

pursuit001
28-02-2008, 05:17 PM
hi mate id be trying to water test the both of them and pick which one is better priced which one suits your needs .
cheers