PDA

View Full Version : Deal, or no Deal?

TinarooTriumph
28-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Cop this guys, my parents are making me purchase my own boat #:o ! Fair enough i guess, i have kinda taken over theres...

Anyway, heres the story... old mate down the road owns a 'Boating Package' that he is selling, well, he did say he would sell it to me, and i am just after YOUR advise price wise. I know nothing about boats - i went to both my Uncles for advise, and my parents have told them (probably paid them) not to help me, and to let me organise it myself! I dunno... parents these days...

Ok, Some details...

Quintrex 375 Dart V Nose (Few years old, good condition, carpeted floors)
Suzuki 4 Stroke 15hp (Few years old, low hrs)
Bulldog Fold-Up Trailer (Dont know much about these things..., looks fine)
Eagle Sounder (Cuda 168) I think...
UHF/CBF Radio
Rod Holders
Safety Equiptment
And other minor boat accessories...

Im sure there is more, he is a generous bugger, but i think thats about it really

He is Asking..... $3000 :-?

What do you think? Yay? Or Nay? I can get the old fella down to $2500, but that involves me going over there and getting him (and myself) #drinking alot of pi$$, but i could get him down to $2500.

Quick replies please... need to make a decision soon... i cant live without a boat #::)

Cheers everyone.

Theo 8-)

indy
28-05-2006, 07:59 PM
sounds pretty good to me those suzukis are a good donk for a twelve footer with all the gear you have said sounds like a good deal to me

Fishin_Dan
28-05-2006, 08:08 PM
That sounds pretty good to me! Make sure you get it for less than $3000 and spend the savings on getting the motor properly checked by a professional. It's usually fine if you know the person, but do it anyway!

Other than that, I'd be taking it for sure!!! If not, let me know & I might take it ;)

TinarooTriumph
28-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I plan to Run a Alpine Head Unit off a battery on the front, also run a Alpine amplifier and 2 twin woofers at the rear, with Type-R speakers up the sides - so i can listen to all of my Tool/Jimi Hendrix music onboard. Hahahaha, jokes ;D.

Plan to screw down a poly seat on the rear seating bench in the left corner, and a poly seat on the right front of the first seating bench. Also plan to knick a mates Minn Kota electric motor and run that up front on the floor. Have rod racks on either side for rod storage, create an anchor/rope/whatnot inclosed compartment under the hull for storage. Any other idea's i could add to it?

Thanks for the tip's fella's, keep em' rollin in.

Theo 8-)

Gbanger
28-05-2006, 09:46 PM
sounds like a good package.. no idea about that trailer though... it will run on the smell of an oily rag too with the 4 stroke...

fishingnottake
28-05-2006, 09:58 PM
where are ou located :P

bushbeachboy
29-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Deal. And what's wrong with getting on the pi$$ with the old feller? He might divulge some secret fishing spots. ;D

StevenM
29-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Deal

finga64
29-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Deal, if not let me deal :)

Just watch the trailer though. Most of the bulldogs don't have springs and are only good for very short runs.
They tend to dint the bottom of tinnies if used for longer runs Look under the tinny to inspect).
Better off selling the trailer (they're worth quite a few dollars to the grey army for travelling) and buy another trailer. :)
Cheers and let us know how the doof doof goes in attracting fish :)
Scott

oddbudman
29-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Seems a pretty good price.

Can you take the boat for a spin down the local boatramp? Its always a good idea to see the boat in action if you can.

Also as finga says, pay some attention to the trailer too.

oddbudman

TinarooTriumph
29-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Cheers fella's.

My only concern (which is only slight) is the trailer. Its in goodish condition, but id rather a solid trailer rather then a collapseable one - so if the deal goes ahead i will be looking for a new trailer.

My other concern is the guy himself - his a little confused as to whether he is going to go ahead and sell it or not! See he just sold his house, and is one of those Caravaning type, and he says he'd still like to keep the boat for his long journey.

I'll keep nudging him, he knows im interested - i'll work on him.

Triumph 8-)

Ron173
29-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Get round there, get on pi$$ with him do a deal and drink to it.

Ron

finga64
29-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Ron,
Triumph is only 16 :-?
Maybe get the seller on the turps and Triumph can stay sober and get a good deal with a signiture whilst the sellers a tad p-ssed ;)

Lucky_Phill
29-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Deal.................... ;)

Phill

Ron173
29-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I dont know how old he is, he mentioned getting on it, so you'd assume hes of age.

So weres a 16 yr old getting $3000 from without help from his folks??

The mind boggles..... think I'll just leave this well alone.

Ron

TinarooTriumph
29-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Yep, 16. You heard right...

The money - Saved since i started earning money - pocket money, work around house, b/day money, and wage money now that ive had a job for 6 months. I am getting a bit from parents towards the boat, not much tho...

And your all going to love this... i worked for Pacific Blue Wines up here in Herberton/Wondecla, at Fosters Vineyard! I kid ya's not. Now i bet ya havnt heard of many 16yr olds helping a bunch of people create a fine wines and ports have ya's? You have now...

Me? Getting on the Pi$$? never.... :)

TinarooTriumph

Ron173
30-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Tinaroo,

Seems I may have pre-judged you. I apologise. You should see some of the teenagers gettin around my neck of the woods and youd understand why.

You sound like a sensible young lad whos tryin to get his lot together, good on ya! Wish there was more like you, who had an ambition in life, and not just to cause trouble.

All the best with the tinnie mate, you'll get there.

Regards

Ron

wayne_cook
30-05-2006, 09:57 PM
;)

TinarooTriumph
30-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey Tinaroo,

Seems I may have pre-judged you. #I apologise. #You should see some of the teenagers gettin around my neck of the woods and youd understand why.

You sound like a sensible young lad whos tryin to get his lot together, good on ya! #Wish there was more like you, who had an ambition in life, and not just to cause trouble.

All the best with the tinnie mate, you'll get there.

Regards

Ron

Mate, i dont know what to say really, but the only thing i can think to say is thanks mate ;) . No need to apologise either mate, absolutely no need. I didnt think you even came close to pre-judging me.

I can see where your coming from though mate, there are bunches of irresponsible 'kids' around my area aswell, its just a matter of ignoring the pricks and getting on with life. I cant see the fun in trouble, i really dont. I see the point in have fun, but not when it involves being a total w### to others. Im busy enough (fishing, drumming, what-not) as it is to be involved in trouble, so let the toddlers have their toys as far as im concerned.

Cheers again, oh and about the tinnie. Im working on him, hopefully clinch a deal by Saturday... take it for a spin Sat arv, purchase it that arvo, get it back home, work on it hard sat night, hit the water Sunday.

TinarooTriumph 8-)

TinarooTriumph
04-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Sad news everybody...

Deal is off :( . He decided to keep the boat, which is fair enough as he will still be doing a lot of fishing whilst his trip around Australia. Im a bit dissapointed, but its his boat - and his choice. So i remain... boatless :-[

Anyone out their got a boat/package like this one for sale?. If so post or PM me... i would like my own boat by the start of July, so ive got plenty of time to 'dial' it in and get ready for this years Barra Bash. Id be happy to travel around for a buy...

Cheers.

Theo 8-)