PDA

View Full Version : GS Marine boats

way_out_bush
28-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Does any one own or tried out a g s marine boat?. They are a plate boat builder in Darwin. A friend of mine beleives their extreme boats are some of the best 5 metre plate boats available.

seatime
28-05-2006, 05:17 PM
there was a thread with one on here months ago. it looked a beauty. otherwise, know nothin about em, sorry.

way_out_bush
03-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Bump

Lobster48
03-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey there,

I live in Darwin and have watched GS grow from a backyard outfit in Humpty Doo to a large scale outfit that it now is. The Extreme boat are a pressed plate boat that appear to be OK. I would not rate them as one of the best plate boats available but none the less good quality.

I guess it all depends on what you are doing with it. If you are planning to keep it in the rivers or inland waterways than you are onto a good thing. If you are looking at offshore work or operating in choppy water than the 10% deadrise might bring out all the weak points in your back if you know what I mean.

GS do a good job looking after customer requirements but you do pay for this. They are pretty costly from what I have seen.

So I guess if cost is no issue and you are looking for a boat to get you around smooth rivers than the xtreme is a good choice. Also depending on where you live as well as to what is the best option.

There are many other builders around that may suprise you with costs and options if you give them a fair go.

Hope this helps

Lobster

Lobster48
03-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Just to add to my last...if you are heading out into rough water than the Hydracraft model that they make could be an option...much bigger dollars though

way_out_bush
03-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks lobster48, Your feedback is appreciated the boat would mainly be used on rivers and inland but we plan on heading up your way once a year to places like coburg Limmen bite and king ash bay.
Mate could you list some of the other plate boats builders.
Thanks Mick.

nevd
04-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Depending on where you come from, you may want to consider Palmco based in Ayr. They had 3 boats at Townsville Fishing and Outdoor expo - all 4 mm plate for 4.3 to 5.8m boats.

Lobster48
04-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Other brands:

AMM - Brisbane
Black Arrow - Darwin
Fisher - Bribie Island
Joshua Boats - Brisbane

All depends on where you are and what dollars you want to spend.

Lobster