PDA

View Full Version : Storm Cover Repairs

Lone_Wolf
05-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Borrowed the brother in laws boat on the weekend and thought I would do the right thing and clean it, put the storm covers back on etc. Zipping up the cover and rrriiiIIIPPPPPPP!!!! the stitching comes loose from the canopy zip leaving me red faced and wondering what to do. :-[

My thoughts are the boat had never been cleaned that well and the stitching probably fell apart after being cleaned. However, I feel obliged to get it repaired or I will never sleep well again. He may not lend it to me either!! I am in Brisbane South. Does anyone know of a business that repairs storm covers? #

MulletMan
05-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Gary Courtenay from Cleveland Upholstery in Shore Street is a great guy for this sort of work!
He is always flat out but tell him that Ian Fischer said he had to do it! ;) ;)
He will moan and groan but probably help out........................ maybe :-[

I also hear that Rowland Street Boat Trimmers at Slacks Creek or Springwood do good fast work. They have been around for a long time so must be OK!

When the stitching lets go it is (usually) because the covers have been washed with something pretty savage i.e. bleach, mould remover etc.

This has little effect on the canvas or the clears but rots out the nylon stitching real fast!

Lone_Wolf
05-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks PP, sincerely appreciated, I will investigate. Boat is 12 years old and always garaged outside so like you and me, it's probably and little weathered as well. ;)