PDA

View Full Version : Who has right of way?

spuderico
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I was at the boat ramp the other day and was flabbergasted at the lack of common courtesy shown by older(senior) boaties. I was unsure of the right of way rule when launching and retrieving but it was chaotic as the boaties were trying to launch into an area where others had come to the ramp to retrieve. What seems to be the common sense rule for this? Boats coming and going were useing a pontoon at low tide.

Blackened
03-06-2006, 02:02 PM
G'day
genrally first there first out. Unless their farting around with whatever wherever. Take up as little space as possible for the shortest time possible and it'sll all about being curteous. Do a search here regarding launching/retreiving and ethics/procedures and the like.
Dave

MulletMan
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I just reposted the 2 x "50 Ways ......................................" posts for you to read!

Hope the Mods don't sledge me for this!! :-/ :-/

Edmo
05-06-2006, 12:09 PM
I could stand corrected but I reckon 1st in best dressed,
the thing to do is have your system down pat so you don`t spend any longer on the ramp than needed.
show em how it`s done while they are @#%&!!ing around like old women, (no disrespect to you capable ladies who have showed me up now and again) :) :)
PS read pp`s 50 tips and youl get the gist

rough_shag
05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
While it's true some people hog the ramp doing things they should have done previously, there are a lot of experienced boaties who fly down the ramp at light speed trying to impress everyone at how skilled they are in reverse.Sometimes there are kids around ramps who are caught up in the excitement of a day on the water and I have seen near misses many times due to reversing too fast.
The more experienced boaties should not rush/pressure others into making mistakes out of panic and then berrate or laugh at the trouble they are partly responsible for.It takes time for newbies to gain experience at ramps and pig ignorant a'holes in a mad rush to get on the water just contribute to the often chaos at the ramp.
A little bit of understanding and maybe even a helping hand or advice now and then would go a long way to improving the situation at crowded ramps.Jace.

finding_time
05-06-2006, 03:01 PM
The simple answer is" ME " if ever you see me comming get out of the way ,clear the ramp because i definately have right of way. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :-[

Ian