PDA

View Full Version : Lenthal dam has  Burra report

ahoj
05-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Mates
Just reporting from my last trip to Lenthal dam near eryborough.. met a oldtimer fisherman who is currently camping there he caught 73 cm burra but very dark and the dam water is brown from tea trees lots of beautifull water lillies.. they really smell beautifully picked couple for my missus tried to trade them for a promise --- ;D see how i go lol Quite a big lake with relatively deep water and many sizable fingers for good quiet fishing..... the sign sats 6Hp only and 4 km speed every boat had bigger motor but they kept the speed to minimum the reason for the speed is the soft earth banks and wash would make them colapse its a low dam not many hills but well forrested and clean from dead trees.. see some stumps near the banks must have been loged before a fill..
adding some report from website
Lake Lenthals

Lake Lenthals as with lake Monduran is a bit slow at the moment for Barra fishing but this should change hopefully for the better by the weekend. Also as with Lake Monduran the deep divers have been getting plenty of fish. I think that by the weekend the fishing should be improved and I would try my luck in the late afternoons for the best results. This is because the water has had the hole day to warm up .The hot word is that the Bass have been going off the planet this week and the lure that’s been doing the job is Bug Baits .There has also been a few Saratoga caught during the week and hopefully they also stay on the bite for the weekend.
A few recomended lures are . Bassman spinner baits in Black n Silver and also in Purple . Shimano Hot tail spinnerbaits in the back lures slug pattern in green and purple colours.

Now back to the sweet smelling lilies...................... Hmmmm Ahoj