PDA

View Full Version : Dura Hubs

Robbo_Townsville
06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Have to do the wheel bearings this week and was wondering if anyone has Dura Hubs on their trailer and how they are going.

TheSaint
06-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I saw their stand at the SC boat show & was playing around with the 2 demo wheels which one had a normal wheel bearing & the another a Durahub..

The Durahub spins so much more freely than a normal wheel bearing & when mine are due i'm getting a set for sure! It would make towing so much easier & would help with fuel bill too..

billy7
06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I have a pair on my trailer and have done over 3000kms with them.I had aleaking seal on 1 side when i put them in emailed the maker and 2 days later 2 new seals in mail that has to be great service.
cheers billy

steve_n
06-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Robbo I reckon they are great. Apart from anything else the window gives you peace of mind there is no water in there. I've had them on for a few months now and all is good. ;)
Steve

Robbo_Townsville
07-06-2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the input fellas. Looks like i will give them a go.

ribbit
07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I asked my dealer the other day about them, He said he would fit them to his boat but made a valid point. If you lose or knock a bearing buddie off, you can still tow it home. Lose a durahub and u tow it no where....
That is making me rethink.