PDA

View Full Version : Sand blasting aluminium

dnej
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Anyone know a sand blaster,north side Brisbane,that can take the paint of aluminium. Needs to actually sand,not metal
David

lippa
07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
try morgans sandblasting at brendale, make sure you get a written quote.

cheers

lippa

Eagle
07-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi Dave
I pressume you are going to remove all the paint from your tinny? If I were doing this, I would buy a sand blasting gun from Bunnings and find a mate who has an air compressor. Sand is easy to find. I sand blast everything that is rusted and repaint it when it's needed for my tinny. The sand blasting gun cost me $20.00 and it works really great. It is however, a bit slow 'cos of the small size but it has saved me heaps of dollars. It's very easy to use. If you go this route, make sure to wear a full face mask for protection to the eyes. A plastic one from a safety supplier will work great. The time it takes to do the job depends on how "tight or hard" the paint is that you want to remove. I would do it myself, check the price of an air compressor and compare the cost for having the job done by someone else.
Eagle

shubeej
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
hi , there is a place on zillmere road that we have used once before to remove the powdercoat from sheetmetal panels cant remember his name but he is down near the corner of zillmere & newman roads zillmere next to stunden pools he might be able to do what you want , i know he did a good job for us no distortion of panels .

shubeej
07-06-2006, 09:53 PM
i forgot to mention the guy at zillmere does chemical stripping

dnej
08-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Gidday,

thanks everyone,Morgans is one I had pulled from Yellow pages.I actually have a gun,was worried about using it on aluminium.
Regards David