PDA

View Full Version : Dehavilland Boats

Josho
07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey i'm looking at buying a seconhand alloy boat. Its a 6.4m dehavilland trojan? it's riveted built. i'm guessing about 15 - 20 years old. Anyone here know much bout these boats. It's going pretty cheep, yet theres not much corosion. I'm not sure bout the engine though. It's an inboard v8 sterndrive volvopenta. I haven't had much experiance with sterndrives. seemd to idle pretty well but haven't seen it in the water yet.
any opinions? :-/

Josho
08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Anyone?

Probably to old of a boat for anyone on here to remember

banshee
08-06-2006, 08:19 PM
I know very little about them,I did see a few pictures once of trojans in VMR/Coast Guard livery,the only thing I have ever heard said about them is that they were the hardest riding hull ever made,probably not what you want to hear,generaly speaking Dehavilland boats have a bit of a rep for leaking through the rivets.

seatime
08-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Anyone?

Probably to old of a boat for anyone on here to remember

Oh there are sure to be a few who remember them. not familiar with the 6.4, but worked a 21' trojan, forward steer, 175hp OB from memory, 20-25 yrs ago. they ride hard, but take a lot of punishment, a real workhorse. wot i have heard, with real old alloy that's been work hardened, the rivets can start to leak. don't remember that happening, but it was a long time ago. regards