PDA

View Full Version : motor maintenence

ambo
12-06-2006, 01:30 PM
hi everyone
i need some help or advice on general maintenance on my outboard

only had boat for 8 months normally i just flush the motor for 5 mins then take the cover off and spray innox over the motor i dont really know much more to do though i want to look after the motor the best i can with limited mechanical knowledge

any tips would be appreciated

ray

blaze
12-06-2006, 01:51 PM
just as you are doing, drop it in to a service centre once a year for a gearbox oil change, grease on prop shaft, water pump check/change
cheers
blaze

longtail
12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
welcome to the site ray , general maintainence is about what your doing. like blaze said you should take it in for a major service every 12 months.

do you have the original owners handbook for your outboard? it will explain the recomended maintainence procedures.

cheers
Jason

longtail
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
welcome to the site ray , general maintainence is about what your doing. like blaze said you should take it in for a major service every 12 months.

do you have the original owners handbook for your outboard? it will explain the recomended maintainence procedures.

cheers
Jason

longtail
12-06-2006, 06:52 PM
oops double post

ambo
13-06-2006, 05:59 PM
thanks for the reassurance no i dont have the manual for it and was intending to put it in for its service towards the end of the year with caloundra outboards its a johnson 150 hp 92

have heard good reports about the mechanic there

the motor is running fine hope to keep it that way

thanks again feel better about what im doin

ray