PDA

View Full Version : Finally did some work!

Fishin_Dan
02-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Well I finally got around to doing some work on the boat yesterday...

Have a look at the "Boat Restoration" website listed at the bottom of this post...

familyman
02-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Good to see your motivation is back dan,a good go with a gerni and let the fun bit begin ;)
cheers jon

Fishin_Dan
02-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah it's back.... I'm blaming Bev ;) I let it go for WAY too long. It feels really good starting back on it though...

The U-Bolt block was the bit that was holding me up the most... Now I've just got to figure out how I'm going to do the anchor well when I go to build it all in. Have a few ideas, but just not quite sure yet.

Am also tossing up a few ideas for the windscreen. Considering converting it into a hard top with Rocket Launcher, Outriggers, etc ;D

familyman
02-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Dan what about a hawse pipe where the only thing in deck is the flukes of your anchor.You could have a narrow tube leading to the underdeck bin where the rope and chain get stored and have the stock of the anchor sitting in the hawse pipe ready to go.Or do what alot of people on here do and store your anchor and rope in the cockpit with just the rope going forward to the bow.Do a search on here,there was a thread about this 3-4 weeks ago.Good luck with it.
cheers jon

2iar
03-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Looking a lot tidier now Dan. I suppose getting the old stuff out crudely will be a lot easier than having to do the precision jobs in fitting the new stuff.

Very rewarding I imagine though, once it's done.

Keep it up and you'll be back on the water in no time [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Good luck,
Mike

Fishin_Dan
12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
OK, I've gotten off my a$$ today (And not booked my self fishing like I normally do! ::) ), so I've actually done a little bit more work on the boat! It's nearly at the stage of re-fitting everything back in, so hopefully it won't be too long... (I bet it will though!)

I did up a list of things "To Do" (http://www.freewebs.com/fishin_dan/todo.htm), and have been trying to get a few done today. So far I've done #3, 5, 7, 12, 13, & 15. Should hopefully have a few more done by tonight. Will also post some pics up tonight.

Fishin_Dan
13-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Windscreen is now off...

Fishin_Dan
13-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Took off the PVC rod holders, and cut out the side pockets

Fishin_Dan
13-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Finally got all of the anchor well out... >:( (Evil thing)

Also took off the nav lights, removed all wiring from boat, pulled bits like sounder mounting/radio/etc off, and a few other bits n pieces...

Fishin_Dan
13-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Gave it a quick wash out to get all the crap out... Starting to look a bit better!

More details at the boat reno site listed below...

Fishin_Dan
13-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Updated the "To Do" list:-

http://www.freewebs.com/fishin_dan/todo.htm

charleville
13-06-2006, 05:14 AM
Looks like fun. :)

A man needs a hobby.... and a shed! ;D ;D ;D

Good luck with the project. I used to do that sort of thing when I was a bit younger but don't have the patience now. ;D

fishingjew
13-06-2006, 11:49 PM
hope it was looking at mine that inspired you to get back into it . if interrested i did not like the way mine was set up built new box and bow thingy cant think of name for it mental block but will take some pics for you. pm me regards fishingjew