PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my first boat.

Thatildo
13-06-2006, 08:19 PM
G,day to all,Ive been watching this site for a couple of months now and really enjoy it.Well this is my first boat,she's a bit old and doesn't have a motor as yet but I love it.The boat is a 525 Stacer Searay,the paint is a bit tired but over all it's in pretty good nick and didn't cost much.I will have save for the next few months for the outboard so in this time I will strip,paint and try to up date the look of the inside a bit.I'll post some ongoing photos as I progress as I hope i can turn her into nice neat family boat.
Glenn

Darryl
13-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Nice lookin rig Glenn, should do you and the family proud mate.

Darryl.

Brejen
13-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the site Glenn. Mate as said to u b4 that is one top buy. U And Kelly and Ben gunna love it mate.

Dont be worring bout the house reno's( dont let Kell see that bit) just get the new donk and lets go fishin.

Brett

Thatildo
13-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Thanks Darryl I think it should be good fun watching kids grow up with a boat in the family.

Thatildo
13-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Brett,mate I love to forget the house reno and get straight into the boat ,but as we know a happy wife leads to a heaps easier life .

Brejen
13-06-2006, 09:25 PM
but as we know #a happy wife leads to a #heaps easier life .

especially our 2 mate #:o ;)

Brett

bagman
13-06-2006, 09:33 PM
congrats; youll never forget your first boat,whats did u name her?

Thatildo
13-06-2006, 09:46 PM
The name on her is buckaneer 2 but I'm going to change it to Thatildo.I've been told by a couple of mates that you should have a denaming ceremony to avoid bad luck just like to chrison and name a boat for good luck .Im not superstious but we are talking about a little boat and a big ocean so I'm going to look into it.

StevenM
14-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Congrats

go to boatnames.com.au they have the renaming ceromony on their site.

spuderico
14-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey Glenn I bet you cant wipe the grin from your face at the moment. Any excuse to go and look at her waiting for inspiration eh!
I too have only just purchased my boat in the last couple of months hoping to unite the family. Guess what? It worked. Anytime I start fussing around the rig the kids come from everywhere. YAHOO ;D

snapper_snitch
14-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the site mate, not bad for you first boat, i would be happy with that. Just make sure the outboard is sound and it's all ship shape and you should be getting into the fish very soon.

snapper_snitch
14-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the site mate, not bad for you first boat, i would be happy with that. Just make sure the outboard is sound and it's all ship shape and you should be getting into the fish very soon.

F1SH_BOY
14-06-2006, 07:02 PM
wow that all you need here is a pic of mine 8-) ;D :P

F1SH_BOY
14-06-2006, 07:03 PM
wow that all you need here is a pic of mine 8-) ;D :P

F1SH_BOY
14-06-2006, 07:05 PM
sorry that duble posted :-?

gawby
14-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Well well well,
Looks who we have here, :o
Welcome aboard the mighty Ausfish Glenn, :)
Took you long enough to join and now here you are. :-/
The offer still stands to take the new possession off you. 8-)
Knowing you you will already have the hull stipped out and sanding it down and kelly will just have to wait for the renows. :-*
Will have to keep an eye out for a good motor for you. ;)
How did you go with the rating.
Happy boating good buddy :D
Graeme

gawby
14-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Well well well,
Look who we have here :o
Welcome aboard the mighty Ausfish ;)
Glenn, knowing you the renows on the house will be at a standstill and kelly will just have to waite. [smiley=angryfire.gif]
I bet the hull is stripped out and sanded back already :-?
The offer still stands ;D ;D
Have to keep an eye out for a good motor for you [smiley=freak.gif]
happy boating good buddy [smiley=laola.gif]
Graeme

gawby
14-06-2006, 11:03 PM
The first post dissapeared and what do you know, two post to you ;D ;D ;D ;D

maztez
15-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Wots all this double postings guys ::)trying to get your postings up ;D ;D anyway welcome to the site( its a doozy) Glen you got a great buy there and will have a lot of self satisfaction in doing her up to your level of comfort . Good luck with the motor hunting it will be fun .No doubt Brett and Gawby will assist ..we will have to have a beer or 3 just to celebrate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
cheers Terry

ronnieandbill
15-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Glen
Nice boat mate. I know the feeling when you get your first boat. I just did the same thing. At least now I don't have to sit around and wait for someone to take me fishing. I can go whenever I like. Hope you catch plenty and have loads of fun.
RonnieH