PDA

View Full Version : Water restrictions - Washing trailer

peter
16-06-2006, 10:00 AM
After tricks on how to give your trailer a good rince without using the hose. As we can't use hoses now in QLD. With buckets of water, surely you would use more water. It's going to be difficult enough washing the boat without my water blaster.

What are you guys doing to combat the water restrictions.

Peter

Heath
16-06-2006, 11:12 AM
No matter what the water restricts, I'll be doing mine with the hose, for while they let ma & pa kettle water their garden in any manner anyway.

Mogwai
16-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I take mine down to the local car wash it cost me around $8 to do the boat and the car and i have to do it quick (wash the car that is) spend most of my time on the boat. But im trying to work out how i'm going to do the motor just hope the boat ramp i go to still has the tap there.

billfisher
16-06-2006, 11:52 AM
We have similar restrictions in Sydney. I'm sure I remember my fishing club getting a ruling that you are allowed to hose your trailer brakes and disks, as this is a safety concern. I don't think anyone will notice if you give the rest of the trailer a quick hose at the same time, which is what I do.

I think the idea of banning hoses is so to make washing cars and boats more difficult so people will not do it as often. Otherwise as people have pointed out you probably use more water using a bucket than washing by hose.

gif
16-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Thats an interesting one

Safety concerens (genuine) are definitely exempted from the rules.

Hosing salt off brakes makes sense to me.

I pushed the motor flushing topic and now it is written in the brochure. Dont think I will call them again over trailers.

Gary

d-man
16-06-2006, 02:49 PM
#But im trying to work out how i'm going to do the motor just hope the boat ramp i go to still has the tap there.

I called our local council yesterday and was told that you can flush the O/B for 5 minutes.

darrmun
16-06-2006, 02:52 PM
no real worries we're on tank water anyway & have 1 tank put aside just for washing my prides & joy

Captain_Starli
16-06-2006, 03:41 PM
you can still use a water blaster if it is fed from a bucket, get a big container & fill it with a bucket..