PDA

View Full Version : Protection of carpet

troy
15-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Does anyone cover there carpet on the floor and if so what do you use.
I was thinking of buying a marine carpet that you could take out after a trip.
Any other suggestions.
Troy

Meat
15-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Troy,

I got another piece of marine carpet and use it as a large mat. It is a bit bigger than the floor area so I can curl up the edges, which stops sinkers and other stuff falling through the gap at the edge of the floor.

When I get home from a trip, I pull out the mat and give it a quick wash. Nice and easy. It was always a pain to get mud/blood/crud off the boat's carpet.

Cheers,
Meat

peterbo3
15-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Troy, I have carpet right through the CC. I attached mine with velcro but it comes clean with the deck wash pump & I have not needed to remove it. I give it a quick rinse with fresh water again when I flush the engine. Three years old & looks great.

Dignity
15-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Troy, used to have a sheet of cork but found it got slippery with a bit of blood or damn hot in the sun with bare feet so gave it the heave ho. Now just have the carpet which I wash after the trip but it does smell a bit for a dcouple of days until it drys out properly. Then again the neighbours haven't complained and it is closer to them than my bedroom. Still looking for the perfect solution.

sam

Blackened
15-06-2006, 09:53 PM
G'day Troy
In regards to the carpet make shure you get the right stuff. 100% polypropylene or something similar. Anti fungus/bacterial. Just get it made to fit and attach it with press studs, same kind as what's on your canopy.
Dave

troy
16-06-2006, 05:57 AM
My carpet seems to be very hard to get the sand off as it seems to just wants to stay there.
Hard to describe the carpet but it is hard to clean.
Brand new so i want to look after it.
Thanks
Troy

2iar
16-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I've got clip in carpet that's held down by studs - easy to remove and wash or beat the sand out.

Good luck,
Mike

aussiefool
17-06-2006, 06:01 AM
I've got some of that fake grass stuff in my boat cut to size, when I wash the boat down I just hose it off aswell and about once a mth drag it out and give it a good hose down [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Aussiefool
Andrew

charleville
17-06-2006, 06:18 AM
I reason that some day, I will just unscrew the floor and replace the carpet. It does not look like a big job.

That is, I just live with the existing carpet and hose it off well after every trip - well at least I used to. :-/

I have been concerned that it I put another mat on top of the carpet that mildew might wreck the original carpet anyway.

troy
17-06-2006, 07:29 AM
Does anyone take there dog out when going out.
When we take holidays we have to take our german sheperd and when you go to put him in the boat he starts struggling.
I worry about scratches.
Troy

aussiefool
17-06-2006, 07:38 AM
yep take them both