PDA

View Full Version : Online repair manual

flatstrap
19-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I have just obtained access to this service from the USA for $US 25. It's a repair manual complete with drawings, repair seuences, cost of parts, etc. and have found it a very valuable resource for the money. $25 for 3 years access!

Also available are service and maintenance schedules and degrees of difficulty in tackling jobs. Although it's a virtual workshop manual, you can print out any of the pages should you require a hard copy.

Just wondering whether Ausfish members have a similar experience with this service.

Ron173
19-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Heard of this before, tried to get it for a vehicle I had, but they only kept a certain archive online and as luck would have it, I was a year out. This was Nissan.

What manufacturer is your deal through?

Are you going to post the link so others can have a look?

Ron

flatstrap
19-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I am away from my home computer right now, but if you google 'seloc on line' it'll show the link. My requirements were for outboard motors. Not sure whether they do land vehicles too....flatstrap

wessel
19-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Flatstrap

It would appear that SELOC is the marine repair manual dealer / publisher.

Can you recommend them?

Wess

flatstrap
19-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Absolutely! I was online within 20 minutes and the publisher fixed some minor browser problems. I work on a Mac and the manual works best with Explorer and not so good with Firefox.

I have learned heaps about my motors. I just pulled out and inspected 4 thermostats. They work fine. So my problem is the impellers. I didn't even know where the thermostats were before. Turns out there's four of them. One for each bank of the V-6.

The most useful info: DON'T turn your motor without water fed to it. The impeller starts to overheat and disintegrate within 6 secs due to friction within the housing.

There's heaps to learn. Highly recommended!...flatstrap