PDA

View Full Version : A Sad farewell

fishin_till_late
18-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Gday folks
This afternoon my tinny left the driveway for the last time. :'(
It may have leaked like a seive and the motor was getting close to its used by date but the boat still caught fish and had a lot of memories around it. #The driveway looks so empty now. I'll miss the old gal and will not enjoy the moment when the perfect day comes up and Ill be stuck at home with nothing to do. but still thats the way life is. #The positive thing is that the boat was sold to a mate who offered me a trip next weekend so I suppose I won't be completely boatless........
I'll still miss my boat though :-[

cheers jono

TheSaint
18-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Welcome to landbased fishing.. :'(

Dirtysanchez
20-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I share your pain !

I had to relinquish my tinny a few months back, house too small, can't afford to move, little bloke is growing up and needs more room to play etc etc

I can't wait until he's a bit older, the tinny is coming back so we can go fishing.

Standing in gonad deep water with waders on trying to fish in winter just isn't the same as a day out in the tinny ! :'(

fishin_till_late
20-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Yer I've been doin a little bit of landbased but your certainly right not the same as in the tinny. And yes Ill get another tinny hopefully early next year but Im still gonna be boatless for a while......