PDA

View Full Version : 625 Cruise Craft Outsider

troy
19-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I just had dual batteries installed and the way it was done is a nightmare.
The battery that is placed against the side of the boat is almost impossible to reach .
Only a member who has this boat would understand.
Two batteries up against one another is fine but not when you have to struggle to get to the other battery.
Troy

Getout
20-06-2006, 08:26 AM
On my Outsider, the second battery is on the Stb side, near the oil bottle, easily accessable through the hatch there.

Alex9797
20-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Troy

my 575 has the same setup as Getout. Works fine however the oil bottle is more difficult to access.

cheers

Alex

troy
20-06-2006, 01:49 PM
They have mine together on the one side and the one that is up against the side of the boat and is really hard to reach.
Troy

Getout
20-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Troy, why do you need to get to it anyway? Hopefully it will be years before you need to replace it :) Probably not a bad ting to have the extra weight on STB side anyway.

troy
20-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Getout
Yesterday was the first time i charge them and it was hard to reach the terminal and also if that one packed it in i would have to take out the two to replace it and also i would not be able to check the water .
I suppose i could use a mirror. :))
Troy

Angla
21-06-2006, 11:32 PM
You would be best taking them both out when you check the fluid in 6 months time as it would probably be hard to see either fluid levels with them in position.

Mine only come out on a 12 month basis for an inspection and check of levels and just to clean up under them. I never take the terminals off, just use the switch if isolation is required. That is what the switch is for.

I do undo the teminals though when I take the batteries out for their inspection.

Angla 8-)

Getout
22-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I forgot about charging. Having said that, I'm amazed how long batteries can last without a charge. It seems if you do a decent run once a month, they remain charged.