PDA

View Full Version : Trim Tabs On A Bar Crusher

legless
22-12-2005, 12:17 PM
The boat needs trim tabs thats for sure, any ideas on what brand to go with? Thinking electronic . Any help or ideas very much appreciated

blaze
22-12-2005, 01:06 PM
IMO electrics and saltwater dont go together, so my theory is to keep the electrical side of things as far away from saltwater as practical. So that really leaves bennet hydraulic where the electric driven hydraulic pump can be mounted somewhere as dry as poissible
cheers
blaze

SgBFish
22-12-2005, 01:51 PM
What size BC have you got?
I've been looking at the 530C. What are your thoughts on the boats. The 4mm bottom and 3mm sides concerns me, I would prefer 5mm and 4mm sides which seems standard at this size boat. Do you think they would go to a heavier plate if requested?
Is the ride as good as the pundits claim?
Cheers,
Scott

HarryO
22-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi leggless..

The factory ones have Lenco electric tabs fitted,
But I have to agree with Blase, I would fit the Bennetts
if it was mine..

Harry..

finding_time
21-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I live in Cairns North QLD and we have some very different weather conditions up here.The water tends to be off small chop and very hard(no white caps) and if the NE/E winds come in it can very unforgiving.

Giday Legless

Trust me mate most on this site know all about the North Queensland CHOP!!!!!!!!! Dont we Troy ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

megafish71
21-06-2006, 08:59 AM
G'day Legless,

I have a set of bennet tabs on my Yalta, believe me they are worth every cent, your Barchruser should really benifit from a set. If you would like to see how simple they are to fit up or needs some advise just yell out . I too am in Cairns.

Cheers Ron

noluck
21-06-2006, 10:02 AM
i got 560 and i find out i need tabs only whan is my bait thank full .
boat start lining to rear right that is all. I was talking to many peaple who got bar crusher and thay say tabs dont do much diference to tham part on smoler ones with bait thanks ,
if u putt one let us know how is performing
cherrs no_luck

waykel
24-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Go check out this site. thehulltruth.com and scroll down to Tabman's Trim Tab discussion forum. All the info is there. This bloke is part of Bennets Marine in the states, who make them. ;)

legless
23-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey Scott, to tell you the truth i haven't done enough hours in it to give a real run down on it's performance.I live in Cairns North QLD and we have some very different weather conditions up here.The water tends to be off small chop and very hard(no white caps) and if the NE/E winds come in it can very unforgiving.So i have only been out twice in it and both times it was under the above conditions and with the torque of the 115 4 stroke it wanted to lean to its left when leaving the wave.After some research it seems that the bar crushers are in need of trim tabs due to the deep V.Its the 530 c model and to tell you the truth after all the right ups and praises i thought it would be a bit more than what i have experienced so far.Maybe a bit more time in it and some fine tuning i will have a better ride than again maybe i've been mislead