PDA

View Full Version : Duties of a Deckie

1975fflh
26-06-2006, 05:37 PM
I recently had a near mutiny with my 12 year old deckie.

He now considers himself to be a skipper as he has just got his licence and a soon as my ass leaves the seat he needs surgically removing.

I have told him I own the boat it is NOT communal property, I own the car that tows the boat, I pay for the bait and fuel expenses etc, I am Older Bigger, fatter, meaner and nastier,THAT makes me SKIPPER.

When i tell himits his job to do everything, he says "where is that written" so i thought i would ask the opinion of those great and knowledgable people at Ausfish.

I know he will read this threadWONT YOU FISH_BOY and take notice of the great fishing gods of the PC world.

Thanks

marlinqld
26-06-2006, 06:06 PM
you can get a license at 12? thought it was 16 in qld.

I agree with you, your the skipper LOL

Deckie does whatever and gets whatever you want LMAO ;D

familyman
26-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Because not EVERYONE on this site lives in queensland (or wish they did) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
cheers jon
ps lake illa is probably lake illawarra on the sunny south coast of NSW

PinHead
26-06-2006, 07:08 PM
he is 12...maybe in 20 or 30 or more years...it may be him that is deciding on the nursing home for you...and all he can think of is...the old bugger would not let me be skipper. He will be saying..my money...your nursing home...hmmmmmmmmmmm....now who is bigger, meaner and controlling the show...better be careful!!!!!

1975fflh
26-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Lake Illa Does mean Lake Illawarra in Gods own part of the country.

and in NSW kids can obtain a licence called a young adults licence from the age of 12yrs.

But cannot drive a PWC or any vessal above 10 knots

StevenM
26-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Look young fella,

listen to ya dad or youll end up staying at home when he goes fishing.

Cheers

Steven

lippa
26-06-2006, 08:40 PM
1st job of a deckie is to pack the esky!! if everything elase is forrgottten, your still guarenteed a good day out!!!!

cheers

lippa

jimbo1
26-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Have you explained the terms 'Keel Haul' and 'Walk the Plank' to your young fella!!

James ;)

ShnogDog
26-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Can he swim?
;)

jackster
27-06-2006, 05:06 AM
the young bull challenging the old bull
welcome to pubity..lol
better you pull him into gear...
it only gets worse from here on in, till they are in their 20's
best of fathering
jack

mitch_05
27-06-2006, 07:17 AM
i say let him drive ;) then again im only two years older ;D
i know ill be annoying dad once i get my license to let me drive the boat
mitch

griz066
27-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Hmmmm Deckie,

At Home
Pack boat,gear,esky,bait,fuel,load ute,hook boat on ute,let me know when this is all done,etc,etc,etc ;D

On water
Put bungs in,pass tinnies,make lunch,cut bait,ice fish,pass tinnies,etc,etc,etc ;D

At home,
Wash boat,clean fish,unload gear,keep cat away from fillets,etc,etc,etc ;D

Kinda wish I had one now :'(

Juzo
27-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Regardless of age, the deckie does whatever the skipper says needs doing. Skippering duties can be delegated, but the OWNER always has the final word.

Got to have some control for forking out all that hard earned......