PDA

View Full Version : Who Got Blue Fin Boat .

big_rat_gt
25-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Who Got Blue Fin Boat .

i would like to know more about the fin boat ?. how good they are on water ?.
it would be lovely if you post some photo if you are the blue fin owner ?.
any one got a cobia boat ?. cos i was thinking about buying one of them so if you own one i would be happy to ask you more about the boat if you are happy to share with me .

Eagle
25-06-2006, 09:20 PM
We have a BlueFin 4.75 Weekender powered with a 60 hp 4s Mariner EFI. We love our BlueFin, it is a great boat and performs well in the sea. It is a typical tinnie that can be a bit bumpy 'cos of its light weight but it handles the conditions really well. The finish is very good and I like the curved windscreen. We go out about 23 to 26 miles offshore with it (around the Kepel Is) in good weather with no problems at all. I love the Mariner 4 stroke and EFI. It has never let me down and starts every time in the first turn of the crankshaft once we are out side. The initial start may need two turns of the c/shaft if you haven't pumped the fuel up to the engine. The boat conveys a "safe" feeling when we are using it but like all boats and toys, dont overdo it or take anything for granted. The only negative comment I have concerns the trailer, not the boat. Choose your trailer carefully. Will post pics later to show what I wish to convey about the bad trailer design. I find the 60 4st to be a great match for the hull and the Mariner is very economical on fuel. It wont jump out of the hole like some of the others describe with their 150hp rockets but we have found the Weekender to be a top boat. Regardless of the HP, there is a top limit to speed with comfort. To have both you need lots of $'s and a glass boat. Both are above my wants or needs. The BlueFin is also a great estuary boat and the addition of a folding ladder makes access so much easier when launching or geting back in when collecting bait etc. Will answer any and all of your questions if you want.
Eagle :) 8-)

fishenmick
25-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I have a Bluefin Predator. It is a 4.5m Side Console with a 50hp Mariner. Great boat, nothing but praise for it. Great build and everything else Eagle has already said. I take the family to Moreton Isl regularly and it handles extremely well.

Best bet is to go to a dealer and take one for a test on the bay.

Mick

StevenM
26-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I have a predator, like mick said its tuff as safe as

one thing I must ad that it is wet as (typical open boat)

but I tend to go anywhere in sub ordinary conditions

cheers

Steven

abundy
29-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I have just purchaced the warrior 4.5 with 50 four stroke suzuki.Been out 3 times, still running motor in. Ive gone from liking it to absolutley loving it. Very stable at rest, turns on a dime,fast to the plane.Seems to handle the chop pretty well. Rides high on the water, not used to that yet. Keep wanting to trim the nose downn, must be how they all ride. All pics ive seen underway with different motors they all seem to ride high. I have to say the finish is great,nice paint. etc.... Dunbier trailer is the easiest off on trailer i have ever used. Only one beef is trying to get blue fin themselves to do extras before painting, even dealer said good luck. Bit of a raw nerve with me still...... Love the boat.

stork71
29-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok i to have been looking the blue fin way... Can i get the general rundown of which models are what? Which is the predator? which is the side console? which is the c/c? Looking around the 4.5-5mtr mark

Blackened
29-06-2006, 02:46 PM
G'day
abundy, i'll be interested in hearing more about your rig with regards to speed, top and cruise and fuel consumption.

As for stork... go to www.bluefinboats.com.au
Dave

Seahorse
29-06-2006, 04:18 PM
i alswith a 60hpo would like to look at bluefin. 5m open tinnie