PDA

View Full Version : re aquamaster boats

Seahorse
29-06-2006, 05:51 PM
has anyone had anything to do with these tinnies. they are built at browns plains. they look the goods and u can deal with builder.

cheers
greg

spudie
29-06-2006, 07:03 PM
they are a great hull. paul is the owner. he will build you a top hull. all you have to do is look whats under the floor in one of these boats. & compare that with whats on the market. do yourself a favour have a talk to paul.

Seahorse
29-06-2006, 08:10 PM
i did today. iwas very impressed. the hull looked nice and strong. it looked like he strengthened the whole thing, plus i thought it was a good idea that u could watch ur boat getting built.
his pricing sounded ok. its just i had never heard of them and would like some first hand info. paul does appear to be a good bloke

davo
29-06-2006, 09:23 PM
Paul's boats are excellent. I have a Fisher plate boat and after getting a custom built boat I went to Paul and he did a 12 foot cartopper for me. I couple other blokes have also gone to him and they are all happy. A good boat, good price built by a gentleman.

Az
29-06-2006, 09:48 PM
are they plate or pressed or a combo of the two? I haven't seen much about them either

spudie
29-06-2006, 09:51 PM
paul has had a long history in boat building. he used to supervise the building of clark boats. before they sold out. he is very honest & will give you a tuff boat for a great price. you spend the same money at a leading boat builder.& see what you get. (half the ribs. built by people who are not boat builders. or qualified welders.

Seahorse
29-06-2006, 10:06 PM
i think that if i got paul to build a boat i would be very happy. he showed me his work and his workmanship impressed me ans after looking at boats for last 2 weeks and listening to salesman spill their sh..., that isnt easy. if i was to make a decision right now i would be going aquamaster. just one thing iam not confident about is telling the shape of a good hull and a sh... one with regard to the ride and dryness of the hull. what should i look at

cheers
greg

spudie
29-06-2006, 10:34 PM
the answer to your questions lie with paul. ask him what youve asked me. he is very honest & will not bullsh...t you. a dry boat has a good size chine on it.I am a boat builder myself (plate alloy). i dont work for paul.but i know he is well regarded in the industry.he used to be my superviser at clark.every boat i built under him was as if it was for him. he is a tuff man when it comes to quality.

mangajack
30-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Has Aquamaster changed hands??
I bought my Aquamaster in nov '96 and the owner and operator was named Brian.

Jack.

spudie
30-06-2006, 05:47 PM
yes paul buught brian out

Seahorse
30-06-2006, 06:12 PM
hey there jack.

what sort of aquamaster have u got

greg

Seahorse
01-07-2006, 11:01 AM
is there any more guys with aquamasta boats

cool_deaf_dude
01-07-2006, 12:33 PM
hey jack can you post some picture of your rig please . #:)