PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices

Mortalkombat
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I have just got back from a trip to Bali. A holiday for my lovely long suffering wife (puts up with me hheeeeee) While there I looked at the cost of the petrol it was 4500RP a liter now you may think that’s expensive but when you do the exchange rate conversion it works out to 65 cent a liter. My question is why so cheap there, are we giving the government 50 odd cents a liter in Tax!!!!! Someone’s making some bucks somewhere I also see a record profit for Caltex but of coarse we are not being ripped off!!!!!!! Just an observation
Nick

joey_1987
04-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Nick, I looked in the RACV magazine which we get every month and on every litre of petrol (standard unleaded) there is 37.7c in federal tax and 11-13c per litre GST. So in most cases about 50c per litre of unleaded petrol is given to the government as tax. Joey.

wessel
04-07-2006, 04:56 PM
1 AUS$ will buy you 3.3 liters of petrol over here.

That is probably the only reason why I still have a 2 stroke hanging off the back of the boat.

Wess

saurian
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Black & Blue, yeh we pay about 50% tax per litre , and help pay for bali hospital to have basic supplies, etc.... Bit Warped ....

Lobster48
04-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Interesting stuff heh,

And to think that at the beginning of last year there were riots in Indonesia over govt increase in fuel costs?

You will find that the Indo govt actually subsidises the price of fuel.

saurian
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Lobby , that sucks , why can't we get subsidised fuel , oh i suppose the goverment would have to up the tax on beer to do it....
I suppose we are a bunch of rich do gooders...