PDA

View Full Version : bluefin

Seahorse
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
liked the look of the bluefin so rang a dealer today and asked about a 5m viking. its a big open tinnie. i said that i wanted a front casting deck put on and painted. dealer rang me back and said sorry bluefin will not put on deck or paint it and i would have to get those things done outside. the dealer was horrified and told me sorry, and if thats what i wanted then i would have to buy another boat, somewhere else. i have asked a few boat dealers in other makes the same question and it was not a prob. doesnt look like iam buying a bluefin

ShaneJ
03-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Dont stress mate, theres alot better plate boats around!

Seahorse
03-07-2006, 06:51 PM
ur prob right shane. just amazies me that a major boat company can do this. more embarrsassing for the dealer i think, cause he was really pis..ed off. i think i will just go with a local boat builer called aquamaster. at least u can get exactly what u want.

cheers

cool_deaf_dude
03-07-2006, 07:34 PM
why not you try the profish trailcraft they do have front casting deck so it,s worth checking out

Seahorse
03-07-2006, 07:37 PM
just to expensive. all i wanted to do was buy big open tinnie and add few extras.

StevenM
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Try calling Logan River Marine at Yatala or talk to Blue fin direct. Alan and Margeret are the owners and they changed things around for me from the standard boat no worries, maybe business is tooooo god these days and thats why thay have changed. It was the one thing that made me go to BlueFin in the end as no others wantedto change their standard boat.

Cheers

Steven

Seahorse
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
interesting isnt it. i think that if a boat dealer could sell u a boat he would go to all lengths to do so. then they say sorry i have tried everything with the manufacturer and it was the owner he said he spoke to and if she said no and he did say she so i assume it was the margaret u mentioned and then he said u will have to go to another boat, then i would say thats, that. iam not interested in ringing owner. maybe u r right. business may be tooooo good these days

cheers

schrammy79
04-07-2006, 04:17 PM
liked the look of the bluefin so rang a dealer today and asked about a 5m viking. its a big open tinnie. i said that i wanted a front casting deck put on and painted. dealer rang me back and said sorry bluefin will not put on deck or paint it and i would have to get those things done outside. the dealer was horrified and told me sorry, and if thats what i wanted then i would have to buy another boat, somewhere else. i have asked a few boat dealers in other makes the same question and it was not a prob. doesnt look like iam buying a bluefin

Seahorse give Makocraft a call speak to Alf their all to happy to modify or customise any of their designs for their customers, they where all to happy to modify mine when i purchased

Seahorse
04-07-2006, 05:07 PM
what did u buy schrammy

beatle
04-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I have had three Blue Fin boats and the reason I have had three is that they have been a wonderful company to deal with and make an excellent boat at a reasonable price. I've never had a problem with them and they have gone out of their way to help me AFTER I have purchased the boat. I have no connection to them at all but in these days of nil service AFTER your expensive purchase they are one of the few company's that will look after you when you buy their product.

Seahorse
04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
its wasnt a matter of looking after u after u bought, its the fact they wont look aftyer u before u buy

peter
04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Funny, I have a Blue Fin and brought it from Logan River Marine. When I asked could I go down and have a look at the company where the boat was being built the sales rep told me that Blue Fin doesn't allow anyone to visit their company. I was spending 30k and was a bit put off, but still brought the boat, which I'm happy with.

How do you contact Blue Fin direct? they are not in the yellow pages or have a contact on their web site?

Peter

schrammy79
04-07-2006, 07:45 PM
what did u buy schrammy

the makotruck 500 and I talked to them at the factory and got them to do some customizing for me ie :front casting deck,side pockets ,side console the where/are really helpful

Seahorse
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
where did u buy it from? what motor u put on it? what extras did u get? how does it preform? how much. sorry for all the questions

cheers
greg

Seahorse
04-07-2006, 08:10 PM
peter if i was spending $30000 i would want to have a look

schrammy79
04-07-2006, 08:55 PM
where did u buy it from? what motor u put on it? what extras did u get? how does it preform? how much. sorry for all the questions

cheers
greg

I purchased it from Mustang Marine, with a 50hp yamaha, side console,rod holders, frontcasting deck,Steering system for consoles, and some other personalized options, it performs really well in the chop 15-20 knots it holds well, and plains easially.and I cant post the price as my wife is a member of ausfish, however it is competitive against its market competitors :-X

Great_White
04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi give Mr T's #tinnies on old cleveland rd capalaba a call and speak to Theo. He is a Blue Fin & Trailcraft dealer and will tell you straight up what you can get put on as extra's

Peter. :)

Seahorse
04-07-2006, 09:38 PM
u would think that if one dealer said no, then all would be same. just gone off bluefin now.

peter
04-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I reckon, don't know if it was all to hard for the dealer or Blue Fin really did have it so someone couldn't visit their factory.

Hi- Yo,
You seem to know how to contact Blue Fin direct. How do you do it?

Regards
Peter

Gbanger
04-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Funny, I have a Blue Fin and brought it from Logan River Marine. When I asked could I go down and have a look at the company where the boat was being built the sales rep told me that Blue Fin doesn't allow anyone to visit their company. I was spending 30k and was a bit put off, but still brought the boat, which I'm happy with.

How do you contact Blue Fin direct? they are not in the yellow pages or have a contact on their web site?

Peter

theyre in the white pages i think mate, i rang them about a few things before purchasing... #

Blue Fin Boats
#9a Production Ave Molendinar 4214 #(07) 5571 5277

Seahorse
05-07-2006, 05:23 PM
i did go to another dealer today just to see if the info that i got was right. this other dealer told me that bluefin would not alter or change or add anything to the tinnie. have to buy as a base boat. wont even put seats in. surely that has to be a safety issue, buying a new boat with no seats. got me :-/ :-/

AnthonyL
05-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I am sure its like a car they only come with certain extras and anything beyond that you would have to arrange to get done... but the boat dealer should be able to help you there.

When we bought our bluefin from Mr T's he arranged to have the extra things that we required at our expense and they were done when the boat was ready to be picked up.

Also the boat was ready weeks before the expected time which was a bonus and great pre sales and after sales service from Mr T's..

Seahorse
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
which boat did u buy anthony

rojac
05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Ring the factory direct.

Not bluefin but brooker. Went to dealer and asked if the floor could be changed to a part floor as a full floor reduced the freeboard and was told what you see is what you get, no mods. Rang the factory and the answer was no problems, on ordering just tell the dealer what specs you want.

It looked like the dealer was interested in getting rid of on floor stock, looking after his interests rather than mine. Didn't buy there.

cheers

rojac

StevenM
05-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Peter,,

To get them direct call 5571 5277, as I said Alan and Margerate are the owners. Let me go down when mine was in build two odd years ago, they themselves rang one of their customers who has something similar that I wanted and called him and I went then to his home. Were more than helpful, showed me around the whole show. That is why in the end I purchased one. If things have changed well that could be so.

BTW their address is

9A Production Av Molendinar.

Cheers

Steven

jackextracter
05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
I am to wanting to buy a blue fin boat im looking at the 4.75 phantom does any one been in one of these boat or know how they handle

jim_farrell
06-07-2006, 06:31 AM
With the competition for tinnies these days I would have thought that you could give four different mobs the specs you are after and let them compete for your business.
It would seem most are barely interested in what the customer wants as against what they would like to sell.
Jim

Seahorse
06-07-2006, 05:59 PM
jim u have hit the nail on the head. they have all theses different models and u got to choose 1. to bad if it doesnt have what u want. but i must be fair, bluefin are the only dealer who said a straght no. others havnt been to bad. so i just said stuff bluefin.