PDA

View Full Version : New boat ordered - Trailcraft 5.4 Profish YIPPEE!

jack_attacks
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi fellow ausfishers...

After a water test this morning (yep, in the 25knots of wind :P), I just ordered my new boat - a Trailcraft 5.4 profish with a 115 Mercury 4stoke!!! :) The water test was done with a 90 4 st on the back and with 4 blokes up, the 90 performed well - no probs with the hole shot at all.

The deal he gave me on the 115 meant there wasn't much price difference, so I went with the max hp - should be a bullet. :o Ordered through Cunningham Marine with a few extras (including a Trailcraft I-beam trailer).

Can't wait to get her and post some pics. Changing my handle to PLAYTIME (I got to choose the boat, the wife chose the name)...
Matt

j-tyson
05-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Playtime, do have a private e-mail address that I can contact you on. I have a few questions about the trailcraft boats.

Thanks JT

way_out_bush
05-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Playtime, I would have sent a pm but at this stage i can,t. I was wondering what sort of dollars are required to but a 5.4 profish? If possible could you please e-mail me on mickkel@swiftdsl.com.au.
Thanks, Mick

bj75nt
06-06-2006, 01:09 AM
G'day Playtime, I'm looking at the ProFish 510. Was wondering how you found the ride in the wind, and I presume a decent chop. Backbreaking, bonejarring, wet ?? Did you get any extras fitted out of the factory?? Cheers, bj

Tinn
06-06-2006, 08:59 AM
What did that set you back buddy?

drewboy
06-06-2006, 10:09 AM
I have a profish 535 i bought last year in september i am running a 115hp Suzuki Four stroke
on the back and the package without a doubt in handling wise would out perform the millenieum
hull Quintrex i previously owned.
Top speed sipinning a solas four blade prop 72Km/H fuel consumption compared to the 90HP
Johnson less than half.
In a nut shell very impressed and very happy with the whole package Note: i bought the boat and motor from 2 different dealers. I do have the Ibeam trailer.
Hope this helps i am new to the forum so Hi to all
Drew

F1SH_BOY
06-06-2006, 03:10 PM
any pics?

drewboy
06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I will post some up on the weekend when i pull her out of the garage
any more info just ask i will help where i can all i can say is shop
around there are deals out there

jack_attacks
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
j-tyson - I have been shopping around for a while - best price by around $4K was offered by Cunninghams Marine #;) - PM me for further details

way-out-bush - I will email you

bj - very happy with the ride - as per my first post, the weather was atrocious!!! #20-25kns from the NW resulting in about 0.8 m of tight chop. #I am used to much larger boats (fish from a 40ft gameboat) and was pleasently surprised. #It was a little bumpy in displacement mode, but we travelled comfortably at about 20knts on top of the chop. #Interestingly enough, we didn't get wet at all head on, nor tail on. #As you would expect in those conditions, we got some light spray beam on, but certainly no green water. #My dad (owner of 40') and mate were also both surprised at just how good the ride was given conditions. #Never felt unsure underfoot, and steering was true.

tinn - PM me

drewboy - were are you from? Anyway near Redcliffe? #Sounds like you are happy with yours (same setup as mine). #One question: with the 115, did you go with the mechanical steering, or pay the extra for hydrolic steering? #Also, did you mount the controls on the side deck, or the console?

mjc85
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey playtime congrats on ordering, my boat should arrive at cunninghams for fitout this week, either tomorrow thursday or friday. I can't wait to get it out on the water. I am going to get my controls mounted on the console as this is better for standing position, also to make them as useful for sitting i am going to get a sliding bracket to make the driver seat sliding so it can be moved closer to the console as the controls when mounted on the console aren't that good for sitting as the driver seat position is a bit far back from the console.

Hope all goes well for you, it will be just over 8 weeks from the time i ordered to the time i recieve the boat when we do handover sometime next week.

Regards
Mitch

jack_attacks
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Mitch
When you test drove, where did they have the controls mounted..?

I original thought mounting on the console was the go, but the test boat I drove had them mounted on the side of the extruded deck...I actually felt more comfy with this set up once even though it wasn't my original thinking. :-/ :-/ You are right about the seating position - if you are planning on siting a driving a lot, the side deck mounting would be the go...I am not tall (175cm), but when I was standing driving the 5.4 I am leaning toward mounting there...the side mounting is worth considering.

I am keen to know where most people mount them...

Matt

drewboy
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Playtime

mine is mounted on the console right side as your looking towards the front of the boat.
If you want to stand as mostly i do It is the best location. The only thing that drives me nuts
is the trim switch is on the right side not the left because of the mounting position. Suzuki
obviously meant them to be mounted to the side of the boat. It is not an issue for me now
like everything you get used to it doesnt bother me now. I do not have the hydro steering
having reasoned that its somthing else to go wrong. The boat setup was done in Sydney
as i am in Sydney by Yabbie marine. This boat out of five boats i have owned
plus others i have driven is seconf to none. Mate i would recommend ensuring the motor
height is spot on ie dont hand over the money till your happy and get youself a four blade prop
I would say to mount the controls on the console they are to far way if your standing up and driving. All the ones i seen in Sydney all mounted to the console. Easily drive in either standing or sitting.
If you are down this way happy to take you for a spin in mine.

mjc85
07-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey playtime, the test boat i went in had the controls mounted on the side of the boat but when you went to turn around on the seat the seat would not go past the controls as they were in the way.

The console is the go i reckon, just get your made into a sliding seat so you can slide it forwards to make the controls on the console easier to reach.

Regards
Mitch

jack_attacks
10-06-2006, 08:31 PM
7 weeks to go... ;)

Mjc - good idea on the seat slide...is this something Cunningham's organised for you, or did you do it yourself? By the way, how is the new boat going?
Matt

jack_attacks
20-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Cunninghams called me this morning to advise some good news...!

My boat will arrive in their yard the end of next week - that's two weeks ahead of schedule. I am very happy :) but now I need to go and spend some serious money on electronics ::)

Will keep you updated - so far have found Cunninghams to be very professional to deal with...lets see how their fit out goes... :P

Cheers
Matt

jack_attacks
28-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Boat has arrived at Cunningham's...even earlier than expected. Fit out should take a week or so, so should be on the water in two weeks... ;)
Matt

RayB
28-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Nice One Playtime!

I have spent the last couple of weeks sorting out my new Profish and will going out on Saturday for the first fishing trip.

Hope the fitout goes well

cheers
Raymond

jack_attacks
05-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Boat fitout is complete and water test and handover is scheduled for Friday morning... :)

Have a guess who won't be at work on Friday... :P

Matt

marlinqld
05-07-2006, 05:55 PM
I am sooooo jealous............................ i want friday off also ;D ;)

jack_attacks
09-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Boat is now sitting in the front of my yard ;D ;D ... I am off fishing in 1 hour (can't sleep so excitied ::) ::))

First trip was a leisurely stroll up Pumicestone passage and my wife managed this nice jewie...

Will post pics up as soon as I stop fishing... :P :P

Happy new boat owner

Matt

StevenM
09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Dont wait Go now......

Cheers

Steven

SunnyCoastMark
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Matt,
Greay way to Christen the new boat. Having the wife catch the first fish was pretty clever too ;)

What did she catch it on? (baitwise)

Congratulations on the new boat - good choice. How long did it take you to make the decision?

Mark

trevelly-40kg
09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
cool how many day left to go ???

jack_attacks
10-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Sunnycoast
Jew was cuaght on blood worm :P :P :P - wasn't planning on doing any real fishing, but the wife was keen to throw some rods on board, so I picked up some worms at the local and headed off...glad I did ;)

I made the decision over a few months - originally I was looking at a hornet, but decided that I wanted something a little more versatile and capable of fishing in Moreton Bay even if the weather isn't perfect...I am really glad I spent the few extra $ and got the trailcraft. It is a big, heavy boat that the wife feels comfortable in...and you know the saying...If the wife's happy, I am happy ;D ;D ;D

Matt

a_big_red_1
10-07-2006, 04:56 PM
onya mate, happy wife = more toys and mods for the new boat :D, any more pics of your boat?
cheers
Daz

jack_attacks
11-07-2006, 01:34 PM
onya mate, happy wife = more toys and mods for the new boat #:D, any more pics of your boat?
cheers
Daz

You are right Cracker - particularly given this weekend it is GPS purchase time... ;)

Sorry mate, pics still coming. I leave for work in the dark, get home in the dark... >:( will be sure to take some and post them up this weekend.

Matt