PDA

View Full Version : Signiture 540F or what???

Fish-head
23-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

I am currently looking to purchase my first ship and find myself drawn to the Haines Signature 540F.
My problem is this and please forgive my ignorance if my requirements sound a bit far fetched.

I'm after a good offshore fisher.
However, 'Her in doors' insists that if I am going to spend $30,000 or so on a boat, it must be able to pull her and her friends around on Wake Boards too. Pathetic, I know, but I'm sure you understand how unreasonable women can be.

There is a Wake/Ski bar option available for the 540F. However, it sits at the back of the boat and is only about a meter or so above the motor. Can anyone tell me if this is going to be any good for Wakeboarding and also if it is possible to fit an overhead Wake Bar to the 540F.
I am also told that having the bar at the back of the boat is not ideal either, is this true?
I will probably have a Honda 115HP on the back too, whick I believe should deliver enough grunt for the job.

Alternitively, could anyone recomend a boat, better suited to mine and my Mrs needs?

Thanks in advance for any help. :-/

impulse492f
23-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Well not to continue to flog the Signatures but my 492F has a ski pole fitted which you can see in here

http://members.iinet.net.au/~apmoon@iinet.net.au/haines492f/Back.jpg

It easily pulls a skier with the 85 2S Suzuki.

I don't think you would have any problems

Fish-head
23-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Looks the same as the pole used on the 540F too.
How does it do for Wakeboarding?

impulse492f
23-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Not done wakeboarding but towed 2 kids in a biscuit until they took flight like birds with no hassles.

Seahorse
25-04-2006, 05:46 PM
hey fish-head.
did u get the 540f. i looked at one last week. where were u looking at buying urs from? i got real good price from ken at wild marine. blew springwood mar away by $7000.
very interested to hear what u think of it

cheers
greg

Fish-head
27-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I found a second hand model (2000) at JV Marine in Chelsea, Vic with all the extras (except ski pole) for $33,000. Just 109 Hours use too. 115HP Honda motor.
I haven't done much shopping around yet so not sure if that is a good price. What do you think?
How much is the one you are looking at?

2iar
27-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi mate,

Just a suggestion. I know there's a company in Brisbane that can make you up a custom ski pole that can be removed and a baitboard fitted. I think you can even get a combo of both. Presumably then, somewhere in Vic should be able to make something similar. This gives you both your fishing and skiing modes.

Not very sure that the price is that great for the boat you're looking at (the "extras" and general condition of the B/M/Tneed to be taken carefully into account), but I suppose it depends on how the market is down there, and of course you haven't started to haggle yet ;)

I'm a Suzuki fan myself, but my cousin has that Honda on his Haines V17, and loves it.

Good luck,
Mike

Seahorse
27-04-2006, 04:46 PM
hey fish-head
iwas`quoted $33600 for a 540f brand new with 115 merc, radio, sounder all clears and storm cover, only 2 weeks ago

Fish-head
28-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Really :o

I won't be buying this second hand one then. Unless they drop their price in a big way.

I just found a contender (I think), the Seafarer Vixen 5.25m.
Doesn't look as nice as the 540F, any ideas???

Fish-head
28-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Thinking about it though, the second hand 540F did have a 115HP Honda 4 stroke on the back, which according to the salesman was the next best thing to a Pratt and Whitney Jet engine.

Maybe that's an excuse for the price tag????

I don't know!

Is the Merc a 2 stroke???

Jiggit
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
im also looking at the dual purpose boat , the seafarer vogue and vamp look unreal .

Az
05-05-2006, 01:28 PM
hey fish-head
iwas`quoted $33600 for a 540f brand new with 115 merc, radio, sounder all clears and storm cover, only 2 weeks ago

mate where was that? PM me if you like

Cheers

Fish-head
06-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey,

Just checked out the seafarer vogue and vamp.
I really want the Cubby Cabin thing to escape the Melbourne weather. It gets pretty damn cold down here, especially out on the bays.
I think I am sold on the 540F but $33K does seem quite steep. I will continue to shop around me thinks.
Thanks for the ski pole info too, I will look into that.
As far as Motors go it's gotta be 4 stroke but what is best, the Suzuki or Honda 115HP?

Ocean_Spirit
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
The new Vixen is far better finished than the Signature.

Only way to compare both would be to go for a ride in both boats in some rough conditions.

Fish-head
10-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, I did it! I got a ship.
I went to the Melbourne Boat Show and to be honest was pretty much sold on the Quicksilver (Fi-Glass) Lightning before I even got there. I had made up my mind that was the boat I was taking home.
Problem was however, Quicksilver in their infinite wisdom, decided to bring only their inflatable craft and not show off their exciting, hot, new range of sports boats. Hummmm???
They may make good boats but not too smart when it comes to selling them, me thinks.
I wish them luck!

Anyway, I fell in love with Haines Hunter Classic and almost brought one, until I bumped into the main man himself, Greg Haines (Prince Haines), who apart from being a top bloke, also had a very long chat with me about Boats, his Dad and Haines Signature and then also agreed to build me what can only be described as the ultimate 'Pimped up' Signature 540F Ltd edition.
All the bells and whistles, Suede trim, Carbon Fibre Dash and Steering Wheel and Funky arse colour scheme to go with it. Ski Pole/Bate board and loads more stuff.
Suzuki 115HP 4 stroke on the back too.
I won't disclose the cost, simply because Greg and JV Marine were very, very generous and done me an amazing deal, which they probably wouldn't like to repeat too often. Top marks to them though and I guess, big thanks.
So now I wait 10 to 12 weeks for it to get built. The longest 10 to 12 weeks of my life, but should be worth it.
Excited to say the least

Az
10-07-2006, 10:28 PM
sounds like a nice rig fish head, be sure to share the pics of the finished product for us to drool over

Argle
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Hell yeah, bring on the pics mate cant wait to see the finished product 8-)

Cheers and beers
Scott

griz066
11-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Looking forwart to seing the pics when you take delivery 8-)