PDA

View Full Version : my boat (4.1 polycraft)

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-07-2006, 10:49 PM
here it is my very own 4.1 polycraft powered by a 30hp electric start tohatsu,and the best part about it is i paid cash for it and dont owe a cent on it #;)

cheers tim #:D

TIM-DONSELAAR
07-07-2006, 10:51 PM
:)

fishin_till_late
07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Did it come with the shelia??? ;D ;D
nah just jokin

Nice boat, should stand out abit from the crowd with that yellow.
How's the 30 go with it???
Any plans on how your gonna fit it out???
congratulations and enjoy ya new boat

jono

TIM-DONSELAAR
08-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Did it come with the shelia??? ;D ;D
nah just jokin

Nice boat, should stand out abit from the crowd with that yellow. #
How's the 30 go with it???
Any plans on how your gonna fit it out???
congratulations and enjoy ya new boat

jono

the 30 pulls it along ok,my handheld gps recorded a max speed of 25 knots,i have a new humminbird matrix 12 sounder to fit to it but i dont have any big plans for it as im not sure how long ill hold onto it as i wanna marry my fiancee of 7 years and buy a house in the near future.

cheers tim :D

seatime
08-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Nice looking rig Tim,

is that trim & tilt also?

You don't have any big plans for it? was your fiancee sitting next to you when you typed that :)

regards, Steve.

StevenM
08-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Nice toys Tim.

Cheers

Steven

masterdusky
08-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Couple of nice toys u got there mate ;) keep us posted how the poly handles and any mods you do to it :D

TIM-DONSELAAR
08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Nice looking rig Tim,

is that trim & tilt also?

You don't have any big plans for it? was your fiancee sitting next to you when you typed that #:)

regards, Steve.

nar no trim & tilt

Couple of nice toys u got there mate ;) # #keep us posted how the poly handles and any mods you do to it :D

it handles pretty good in calm water but when the chop picks right up its a fairly rough ride,i might have to play with the trim positions on the motor.

cheers tim #:D

Relaxed
08-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Great boat Tim. :)

Love the colour! ;D

Cheers Andy.

TIM-DONSELAAR
08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Great boat Tim. :)

Love the colour! ;D

Cheers Andy.

by the look of your avatar you own a yellow poly also ;D ;D

cheers tim ;)

billfisher
08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I have a similar set up. It will want to porpise quite a bit until you trim the motor in far enough. You will soon notice the difference well you reach the optimum trim.

Forrester
08-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Boat!! What boat??

Oh, that boat, nice unit Tim, where do you usually put out from?
I have a poly front runner with a 50hp honda that cavitates a lot if I make a moderately sharp turn. The motor is set very low and I think I need to get it raised as the anti-cavitation plate is about 4inches under water and honda say 0-2 inches. Anyone care to comment?
::) Roy

mitch_05
09-07-2006, 07:20 AM
as i said on PBO nice rig. hope you have heaps of fun in it.

mitch

themisses
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the Plastic Fantastic Club!! I'm sure you'll be happy with it, they are a great boat. ;)
Kim.

Tinn
11-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Nice boat Tim well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] now all you have to do is make it smell like fish

Tony_N
11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Boat!! What boat??

Oh, that boat, nice unit Tim, where do you usually put out from?
I have a poly front runner with a 50hp honda that cavitates a lot if I make a moderately sharp turn. The motor is set very low and I think I need to get it raised as the anti-cavitation plate is about 4inches under water and honda say 0-2 inches. Anyone care to comment?
::) Roy

Roy, that sounds way too low. #The manufacturer (of the boat) recommends for the 4.1 that the cavitation plate should be #roughly level with (or 10mm above) the bottom of the boat (not the keel). I think yours is probably a 4.5 - but it still seems too low.#Is the guy who put your motor on a regular agent for Polycraft? #You probably should have a chat to Steve Cooper. #He will set you straight.

SteveCooper@polyindustries.com

I had a fair bit of trouble stopping mine (tiller steer 40HP 4st Suzi) from porpoising when I was just one-up. But the addition of a foil, putting a bit of weight forward, and the fact that I have electric trim and tilt has solved my problems and I'm now #a very happy camper.

Hope this is of some help. #I know how frustrating it is when your boat is not functioning up to expectations. #

Hope we haven't hijacked your post too much Tim #- if so , sorry

Tony

MrWong
11-07-2006, 10:47 AM
awesome rig mate!
Steve or Brad Copper at polycraft will have all the info you reguire they are allways happy to help in any way!
welcome to the polyclub - - plastic is fantastic be it lure or boat!
Norm

Murks
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
well done Tim, great looking rig..
agree with Tinn, my new boat doesnt smell fishy either we will work on it
Murks